Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Storysacks

we buy pillow cases and sew the hem at the top before threading with cord.

can have palin ones or patterened and if you ask parentas they often donate them

if smaller ones we cut them in in half

a parent is often able to sew if no one else can

and if you can find a handy person to sew we also buy old curtains or sheets from charity store and make some up.

Inge

If you are in the Southampton area why don't you try the Scrapstore? The store at Puddletown in Dorset always gets the sample books from soft furnishing covers and curtains. The squares are about the right size to sew for a story sack - I even try and match the fabric to the story if I can ! I use white cotton tape to thread through the top as a drawstring, I also sew on a bit of white material and using a permanent marker clearly write the name of the story. I find a good story inspires me to search for the 'ingrediants', mostly from charity shops and sales. I made 14 sacks into a lending library at my last setting. I have recently changed jobs but have started again already!

Good luck, the rewards are amazing !!

Teri

Guest Wolfie

I agree with Sarah's recommendation - she's really good and will try to do any title for you - and the bags are really good quality.

• 1 month later...
What is the consortium please? :o

Supplier of all sorts of stuff from consumables to furniture. They have a new catalogue aimed at early years settings, imaginatively called "Early Years from the Consortium"...

Web address is www.earlyyears.co.uk (I haven't learned how to put a link in properly) or cal 08451 99 99 55

Maz

:o Over the summer hols each member of staff are doing a story sack....we are buying some plain pillow cases and making our own....

Hi, I dont know if im doing this right but here goes. Have you had a looked at www.bakerross.co.uk and serched on packpak. I think this is what your looking 4 but Im not too sure about the price

I've had a look but there are no prices-are they resaonable?

Can I buy for personal use?

Have had a look in my catalogue - large storage bag £3.95, small £2.95 plus VAT.

I don't know about personal orders - you'd have thought they'd welcome any customer paying with a credit card. Just remember the delivery charge!

I didn't find the website all that helpful - I was only trying to order a catalogue and didn't get very far. Then a catalogue turned up anyway...

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)