Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Having A Stall At School Fair.....

:o We are having a stall at the fair next Saturday......we are doing 'Guess the number of sweets in the jar' but because we have about 3 members of staff willing to help out I'm looking for something else as well..................only got a week to prepare and organise so nothing to difficult!!!! but something simple, effective and going to make lots of money!!!!!please put your thinking caps on...any ideas??

Guest MaryEMac

How about 'how many marbles can you put into an upturned flowerpot using a dessert spoon'.

No hand to touch marbles. Just need a small prize for the winner. People get very competitive with games like these. You could charge 50p a go.

Mary

Lolly sticks stuck into a tray of sand, numbers on hidden bit of some of them. Prize for those with number on - numbers could be amount of money - 1p to whatever, or could just be a different prize. (does that make sense??)

Guess the name of the teddy - you'd need a bit soft toy. Flip chart with grid filled in with different names. People pay to choose a square - winner gets the teddy.

Suppose it depends what other games the school's having.

Good luck,

Harricroft

Lucky Dips are always very popular. Decorating biscuits with icing sugar etc?, Beat the Goalie? (very popular at our school fete last weekend, even in the rain!), Fake tattoo's and nail painting?

Human fruit machine? Your three staff all have a bag with pictures of different fruit, a paying customer pays for a turn, rings a bell and 3 staff bring out a picture of a piece of fruit if they match they win a lolly or similar!

Good luck

Hi we're having our summer fair tomorrow! stalls (apart from usual tombola, cakes, lottery) which have been popular in recent years are Worms in the jelly - fill a large bowl with jelly and plastic coloured worms - if a child picks an orange one they win a 10p sweet, if not all receive a jelly worm (available in your local cash and carry)/ Ping pong game use thick straws to suck up ping pong balls in 20 seconds, prize for highest score, the marbles game is always very popular (especially with the dads!). We also have a spinner board which we use to 'get rid of' macdonald type toys donated by very willing parents! children love it because they win every time!

Good luck! hope the weather is better - we are having our indoors/outdoors cos forcast lots of rain!

I have always had great sucess with the Hook a Duck kit we got Baker Ross, I ran the stall again last friday at our local Duck race and I got rid of my 100 packs of haribos in under an hour- the idea being they paid 20p to have a go and when they had hooked a duck they get a bag of sweets- although i have discovered in previous years if they don't like the sweets they don't come back. We managed to get the sweets at 7p a pack from the local cash and carry. so you could charge more. It is a bit close to be buying things from Baker ross, so perhaps you could make a fish version.

Water and wine stall!! Take donated bottles of wine and empty bottles of wine (ratio of approx 1 wine:6 water) wrap in newspaper. People pay 50p/£1 and take a bottle with the risk of receiving either water or wine!!! It works really well BUT people are not allowed to pick bottle up to check weight ...they must just point to bottle!! We have taken loads of money in the past ... it's really successful.

50p nearest the whisky. Have a bottle of whisky a couple of metres away from a line drawn on ground (use a big roll of paper for this ). People have to throw their 50p, you then write their name and phone no where the 50p lands. Closest to the 50p wins the whisky. This has been hugely successful at fairs with people vying to win it and often spending more than the bottle cost anyway! Our head won the last one coz she was determined not to let a particular dad win it!!

Throwing sponges at teachers in stocks etc is always popular as well as smash a plate, very theraputic plate smashing!

When we need to get enough bottles for a bottle tombola we have a non uniform day. Everyone wears non uniform and instead of bringing a pound (which we don't always get) they bring in a bottle of something, bubble bath, wine, ketchup, whatever. Guarantees us at least 180 bottles every time.

:o WOW! What a lot of ideas, thanks very much......time is against me at the moment so I have decided to do the lucky dip. Already have the foam chips, our bee hive (which the children ususally post their snack time names in) lots of wrapping paper.........so all i have to get now is enough prizes to wrap up.

Have made a start today getting bits....I was thinking of chargingn 50p a go. What do you all think???

mrsb

most popular this year-

chocolate fountain and fruit kebabs

Tesco's value chocolate

short kebab sticks

stawberries

bananas (tesco value)

marshmallows

100's 1000's

paper plates

have a selection of prepared kebabs on plates in different combinations.Run the kebab selected under the chocolate fountain to drizzle along the top.(don't fully coat you won't make much money!)Spinkle with 100's and 1000's-serve on paper plate.

We charged £1:50 each and couldn't keep up with the queue!!!!!

a great snack activity to get children eating fruit :o

This works really well at our school. Lay a pack of cards on a table and place a few penny sweets or a coin on some of the cards. On a few cards place something like a mars bar or something worth winning etc. Sell the children/parents a card and they win what is matched to the card on the table. It's a really popular game and doesn't cost much!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)