Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Self Registration Ideas?

hi there, we don't have any display boards at children's level. Does anyone have suggestions for doing self registration in this situation.

Look forward to any ideas

Hi Laurarapley

I searched this post yesterday and found some really good ideas on this forum so keep looking. Like you I don't have any boards at children's level, but while searching yesterday found a good idea that I am probably going to use for my Nursery self registration. I can't take credit for this as this is not my idea.

Someone suggested laminating all childrens names and putting them layed out onto a table. Depending on ability of children you may like to use some pictures against their name until they learn to recognise just the wrod. Have two decorated boxes on the table (im using Shoe boxes). Put a smiley face on one box and a sad face on another. Children then enter, find their name and put it in the box as to how they are feeling. Later when I do 'Formal Registration', I will empty the boxes read childrens name, get children to count how many etc, sad/happy? This then leaves it open for a discussion/circle time about why the children are feeling like they do.

If your looking for something different, perform a search on this forum, their are some lovely ideas. Hope this helps.

:o

I have used a large box that holds a tall freezer. . We have used a plastic playmat with a woodland scene on and the children velcro their bears to it.

Looking at the good ideas I may borrow peggys idea (thank you Peggy)and draw and laminate 3 clocks.

If you use 3 sides of the box it makes it more stable.On the back of the cardboard i have the weather board, emotions pictures, birthday clock and Golden Rules.

I use cardboard to display reg cert, insurance, Ofsted poster, current newsletter, welcome poster and any other snippets of relevant info. I have to do it this way because we have to pack away everyday.

loads of fab ideas!!

we have a tree we can velcro to the back of the door and remove when we have to pack away, on the tree we have leaves for the younger ones with their name on, apples for the middle group and pears for the ones going to school the following sep.

we also have one which has columns one with a person walking, one with a car and one with a bike and the children put their name under the method of transport they used or arrived in!

hi there, we don't have any display boards at children's level. Does anyone have suggestions for doing self registration in this situation.

Look forward to any ideas

We use the magnetic whiteboard easel from Ikea (£15 I think) which is just perfect. Mind you, all our displays are at children's level because we have no wall space! But I'm not going to moan about that again, honest!

Maz

Hiya

I've used card cutouts of cars each car has a child's name on and every morning the children park their cars in a car parking space on a board

Hiya

I've used card cutouts of cars each car has a child's name on and every morning the children park their cars in a car parking space on a board

Welcome Rachel - love the idea of parking the cars in the car park. Get any incidents of road rage...?

Maz

I love lots of these ideas and have used similair variations.I can't decide which i like best.I think

...i'm going to change each half term to suit each theme!

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone

I have just made a self registration baord for my nursery.

I have a felt board with laminated questions on it - which are changed every morning, things such as....

Did you come in a car to nursery today?

Have you seen a cat on your way to nursery?

Various questions, and a big yes and no sign at the top so they can answer the question.

I also have laminated cars, various colous and sizes and the child puts thier laminated picturs and name card next to the picture of their car, or what they had for breakfast, if they have boots shoes or trainers on, i take the board to the carpet and we discuss how many children are wearing boots etc.... they love seeing their face next to their answer, or telling you about the cat they saw on the way to nursery :o

hope this is of some help

Hi

All new at this!!!

What we do at my setting is have their first names laminated in their colour codes of groups and we sit at a table waiting for our key children to come in then they find their names and we put it on a board..

really quite boring but is quite effective!!!!!

louisa

Hi Louisa, and welcome

That's very similar to the way we do it. Their names are laminated onto coloured card the same size as a credit card and they have a magnet stuck to the back. These are in coloured baskets and children find theirs and put them on a magnetic board when they arrive. If they want to they can also write their name on a whiteboard alongside

Hi Louisa and welcome from me too.

We have the children's names on card which is laminated with velcro on the back. The children self select from the names on the table and put on to a wheeled whiteboard. The same names cards are then used for snacktime, the children find their name and then sit to enjoy snack.

I am always amazed how quickly the children recognise their names, even our 2 and half year olds that have only been with us for a couple of weeks are doing it already now thats a wow moment. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)