Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Core Provision Planning

[b]I am interested to know if / how anyone in YR and Y1 is using core provision planning (where you have long term plans for areas of provision). I am especially interested in how you manage the short term planning, based on following children's interests. Does anyone have any sample weekly plans / timetables? ALso, is anyone using a learning story type approach to capitalising on children's interests as individuals and in small groups?

Hello and welcome.

I don't know if anyone is using this in YR/1 but if you go into blogs Sue R has written about developing this approach in nursery and this may give you some ideas to adapt.

Hi Gail and welcome.

If you want to add a reply, you can do so by clicking on the reply button at the bottom of the thread. The reply button at the bottom of each post will bring up a quote as you have discovered, allowing you to reply specifically to that point within a thread if you wish.

Kathy do you mean continuous provision for learning areas ? Jacquie posted some which could be adapted for older children http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...nuous+provision

Thanks - these are exactly what I meant - Is anyone else using them? Those of you in YR how are you getting on with trying not to break the day up too much ( I would love to see how you organise planning for the week stating with observations)?

Thanks - these are exactly what I meant - Is anyone else using them? Those of you in YR how are you getting on with trying not to break the day up too much ( I would love to see how you organise planning for the week stating with observations)?

Hi there, If you have a look on the new EYFS CD Rom there's a good section on planning from observations under 'in depth' Observation, Assessment and Planning. There are a few different models shown and I intend to combine some of the ideas. Hope this helps! Sue

I teach reception in a FSU and we display continuous provision sheets in each area. They are really useful for students and parent helpers as they give pointers to questions/vocabulary.

We keep our whole class teaching very short , do not attend daily assemblies or have playtimes to give children the maximum time to work at chosen activities. I do a whole class phonics or numeracy input then work with small groups while the other children are free to choose or work with other adults.

We do very few "formal" observations but it is part of a practitioners routine to make notes (mental or written) about what children are doing what they are absorbed in and what they struggle with.

The team shares their observations and we plan daily from these.

We do not have MTP and never plan for more than two days ahead as we feel this allows us to respond to the children more.

We don't have a time table as such just a rough daily routine that can change if necessary

8.50 children arrive with parents

9.00 lunch register

9.00 9.15 whole class phonics or numeracy

9.15- 11.00 free flow

11.00 - 11.15 story/circletime/songs

11.30 - 12.45 lunchtime

12.45-1.00 whole class phonics or numeracy

1.00 - 2.45 free flow

2.45 - 3.00 story/circletime/songs

3.15 collected by parents

Guest whizzbang

Hi ya

Can I ask within that daily list, do you do individual readers? how does that work? how about K & U/ PE/ music etc. or is that run through childrnes interest? How do you know which areas children have covered, do you insisit they move to different classroom areas or do they have complete free flow?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)