Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New Literacy And Numeracy Framework

HELP! I am meant to be planning this weekend for Literacy and Numeracy both using the new framework... but I haven't got a clue! We had some training from our advisor about it on Tuesday but it still hasn't made it any clearer in my mind about how we need to plan, and the more I look at the official website the more scrambled my brain feels!

Does anyone have any other good websites or tips of their own that might make it a bit clearer perhaps? Please?!

Thank you!

HELP! I am meant to be planning this weekend for Literacy and Numeracy both using the new framework... but I haven't got a clue! We had some training from our advisor about it on Tuesday but it still hasn't made it any clearer in my mind about how we need to plan, and the more I look at the official website the more scrambled my brain feels!

Does anyone have any other good websites or tips of their own that might make it a bit clearer perhaps? Please?!

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm a little confused about what you are so worried about. Can you explain exactly what it is that you need to be made clearer and then I may be able to help you.

Boogie x

Basically I have the objectives for the Numeracy unit that I am meant to cover for the next two weeks as a block, but I guess I'm just not sure about how to set the planning out to show what I'm doing each session. Does anyone have or know of a website where they have an example of someones planning just to have a glance at and see how they have set it out?

I think I'm just panicking because its something new and completely different! I was so confident with my teaching before but now this new framework has been introduced and I'm not really sure where to begin as far as planning the different sections.

In my school we have not introduced the new Numeracy framework yet but are instead focusing on Literacy first.

Here is a link to the planning format we have been told to use by our leading literacy teacher.

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/nationalstrateg...ework+BLANK.doc

Also here is a link to planning provided by the Literacy team.

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primaryfr...eracy/planning/

You just click on your year group and then the units that you are to cover over the year show up. You can click on those to bring up some guidance on teaching activities etc.

Hope this helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)