Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Outdoor Learning Policy

Help! Does anyone have an example of an outdoor learning policy that they would be willing to share?

Also does anyone know where I can find written evidence of why outdoor learning across the curriculum is so important? I am writing an action plan for outdoor learning and know how important it is but feel I need some backup evidence.

Thanks

R

Edited by Guest

Help! Does anyone have an example of an outdoor learning policy that they would be willing to share?

Also does anyone know where I can find written evidence of why outdoor learning across the curriculum is so important? I am writing an action plan for outdoor learning and know how important it is but feel I need some backup evidence.

Thanks R

I too am writing an action plan for our reception outdoor area and have just been on a course for outdoor provision apparantely we need continuous provision and enhanced provision outside so as well as an outdoor policy would any one know of any ideas for resource boxes for areas of learning.

There is an example of a outdoor policy in a book called Making the most of outdoor playboxes Little oaks publications. E-mail littleoaks01@aol.com

Hope this helps a little and I have never posted a reply before so hope this helps a little.

Lisa :o

Edited by redland

Hi,

I am also doing the same and trying to improve our outdoor learning area. I have just downloaded a pdf booklet on the outdoor area from Leicester LEA.

I will look out link tomorrow if that helps. It is a good booklet though.

Hi,

I am also doing the same and trying to improve our outdoor learning area. I have just downloaded a pdf booklet on the outdoor area from Leicester LEA.

I will look out link tomorrow if that helps. It is a good booklet though.

Thank you for that I have downloaded that booklet and it's useful to get you started. Lawrence publications do 2 good books Maths outdoors :o and Literacy Outdoors both very good for new ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all. Am new to this forum - very scary :o !! Have heard you are all really helpful and excellent on this site! I work in a school in a reception class on my own (with full time ta). We don't have a linked nursery, which is sad. So makes things quite difficult as the teachers at my school have a very limited knowledge of the FS. Really need some help and advice, as no - one to talk to or help me at school - I need to write an outdoor policy and a play policy for my school! Does anyone have any examples they are willing to share or tell me where i can have a look at some examples and get a proforma to use! Never done any of these before!!! Would really appreciate your help :0)

Welcome to Kirstash.

I too work in reception with FT TA and no feeder nursery. I am also an NQT and I would just like to say don't be worried about asking for help and advice on this site. Everyone is very helpful and once you get around to finding your way around the site it is like having a staff room full of reception and EY teachers to talk to.

I do not have either a play policy or outdoor ply policy in school, as far as I know, but I am going on a course next week with regard to learning in the outdoor environment. I intend to ask about possible pro formas to develop my own. If I get any luck I will post on site if this is of any help.

Helen

Welcome to Kirstash.

I too work in reception with FT TA and no feeder nursery. I am also an NQT and I would just like to say don't be worried about asking for help and advice on this site. Everyone is very helpful and once you get around to finding your way around the site it is like having a staff room full of reception and EY teachers to talk to.

I do not have either a play policy or outdoor ply policy in school, as far as I know, but I am going on a course next week with regard to learning in the outdoor environment. I intend to ask about possible pro formas to develop my own. If I get any luck I will post on site if this is of any help.

Helen

Thank you for the warm and friendly welcome. Its such a relief to no that there are people on here that will help and give advice. Won't be lonely anymore then :0) Would be great help if you got infor from your course!! Thank you :0)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you once again to everyone for all your ideas and help. Whenever I have a question there is always someone on this form willing to share their fab ideas.

R

Umm... I have a risk assessment for our outdoor area I devised, including use of the Tree House and 'fire circle' woop woop :o

Wow thats really impresive because i have neither and i cant figure out when they should be done? where did you get the formats and how did you know what to write in them? oh and sorry but im an nqt......thats why there silly questions,lol x

Wow thats really impresive because i have neither and i cant figure out when they should be done? where did you get the formats and how did you know what to write in them? oh and sorry but im an nqt......thats why there silly questions,lol x

when what should be done? - the risk assessments? or the actual things I mentioned (fire and tree house)?

There's plenty of formats if you search CC websites... I'm in Canada at the mo, so I can't send the one I have I'm sorry! :o only realised after I'd mentioned it, that I don't have the same laptop out here!

In terms of what to right, again, I took guidance from many CC websites. And for the outdoor risk assessment I took guidance from friends I have at Outdoor Pursuit Centres (as they've been 'in the game' for years)! - and then of course I met with my H&S rep at school to check everything by her too... so just lot's of collaboration and listening to peeps who have already successfully been doing the things you're risk assessing.

Hope that helps.

Porl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)