Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Environmental Policy

Just wondered if anyone out there knows where I can get information relating to drawing up a environmental policy. Our setting is currently going for Healthy Childcare status and along with lots of other new ideas we have invested in a compost bin and are keen to promote looking after the environment with our children. would be interested to hear from anyone who has done one already? thanks

Hi Belle

its a new initiative being piloted in Lincolnshire similiar to the Healthy Schools status where settings have to work towards four different core areas (physical health, healthy eating, personal & social and emotional - there are only six settings doing it, so we are the 'guinea pigs'! Hopefully it will be introduced into different areas once the 'powers that be' see how it all goes here.

I'm in Lincolnshire and I haven't heard of this. Would love to know more!!

Have you looked at the EcoSchools material? I know some preschools have done some of their awards, the first 2 of which are self-asessed I think. The material they supply is quite useful. There might be something about policies in there. Early Years Outdoors [part of Learning through landscapes] might help memebrs draw one up.

[There are also gardening schemes for schools, e.g with Gardening Organic, which will have an environmental slant, then there are resources from the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales.]

I'm in Lincolnshire and I haven't heard of this. Would love to know more!!

Have you looked at the EcoSchools material? I know some preschools have done some of their awards, the first 2 of which are self-asessed I think. The material they supply is quite useful. There might be something about policies in there. Early Years Outdoors [part of Learning through landscapes] might help memebrs draw one up.

[There are also gardening schemes for schools, e.g with Gardening Organic, which will have an environmental slant, then there are resources from the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales.]

Hi yes its a new initiative being piloted in the Boston area which if successful will be offered to other settings in the country.We receive support from a Mentor from Lincs Country Council who is really helpful having been involved in the Healthy schools schemes throughout the County. we are half way through ours already having completed two core areas and hope to achieve Healthy Childcare status by Easter of next year. There is an area Launch being held in Boston on the 19th Oct to promote this scheme so you may see more info in the local press.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)