Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Assessing Letters & Sounds...

Hi All...

I just wanted to share my new project with you. I've been developing it for the past year. I've piloted it with MUCH success in my school and a friends school and now it's all finished.

It's grown so much from what it originally started as, which was just a little spreadsheet I'd developed to help myself assess, group and plan for phonics. As myself and other people have used it, improvements have been made and much has been added... and the end result being what I have today: A tool to help ensure that your phonics teaching is always individualised and always child-centred... also, being a teacher, I'd like to think I know what teacher's need! :o ...so anyway, my website is here: www.porlsfonycs.com .

I'd be glad to hear what you think... and I'd be even more glad if some of you decided to use it in your setting !

Thanks ~ Porl

Edited by Guest

wow paul what a lot of work you ahve put into this tracker... it must have taken you hours and hours.. well done for your commitment :(

Two things... would you be able to get it on trial as the movie clip is not really enought to see if ot would be something our setting could use?

The only other thing and is a personal one is the name... a bug bear of mine is things spelt incorrectly... I know it needs to be catchy but when it is connected with phonics then for me it should be spelt corektly xD

once again well done on what looks to be a very detailed piece of work :o

Hi Apple, thanks for that.

A 'complete' trial isn't really possible I'm afraid, I've explored so many avenues and taken advice from so many people and there's just no way of locking it down. Which again, after taking advice from a GTC friend, is why it's as cheap as it is. I can send you a copy that can't be used - just viewed (I think), so you can at least see the kind of thing it does... but I assure you it's been used extensively, and constantly improved... I have a whole list of teachers, TAs, Literacy Co-ordinators and GTC members that would happily email you with recommendations!

With regards to the name, I'm sorry, but that can't be changed... it's been registered and paid for now :o ... it's really only the name of the program though... everything within the program is phonetically accurate I assure you xD

Thanks ~ Porl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)