Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Eprofile/eyfs

Hi, I'm getting myself really confused and wondered if anyone could help.I am looking a ways to collect evidence in line with the EYFS. I have seen the fantastic proformas someone has put into the resource libary. I thought about using these in each child's file and then ticking off with a date when I have an ob or photograph for tha point. However, in previous years I have used the objectives from the Foundation Stage Curriculum and then used this information to do my assessments straight onto the eprofile. But I am I right in thinking that the eprofile will still have the objectives from the Foundation Stage curriculum on wont it? Am I making myslef clear as to why I am confused as to what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I dont think I am making myself clear. I mean are people still assessesing against the stepping stones early learning goals as set out on the eprofile or are people asessing against the objectives as set out in the EYFS which are set out into months (age of the child). Hope this makes it a bit clearer what I mean. Thanks

The profile isn't changing and that should be your assessment tool although you will obviously need to have regard to the curriculum and not teach to the profile. (if you're not in reception then you may be assessing development in different ways, at the moment EYFS is still not statutory but CGFS is)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)