Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Level 4

I am just starting my third year of being in charge of a room. I have an nvq3 qualification an assesor came in for a member of staff today and we were talking about level 4-- I said that I wasnt keen to do it as I didnt think I was capable of doing this level she said that by 2007 anyone in charge of a room must be level 4 qualified. Is this true? we are a private nursery/pre-prep schoolbut are still ofsteded and have the childcare vouchers. Feeling a little dispondent about it all as I had to work really hard for my nvq3 and had to complete it by 6 months. Help!!!

I have not heard this either I know by 2008 all children centre's have to have the person leading the EYFS to be qualified to EYPS and 2010 for day care providers but in the new EYFS document have not seen any mention of room supervisors been level 4. Maybe been a little cynical but it seems funny that N.V.Q assessor is the only one that seems to know thsi (does she need more students) If you find out anymore on this please let us know as I am sure it would have a wide range of implications for a lot of us.

I have not heard this either I know by 2008 all children centre's have to have the person leading the EYFS to be qualified to EYPS and 2010 for day care providers but in the new EYFS document have not seen any mention of room supervisors been level 4. Maybe been a little cynical but it seems funny that N.V.Q assessor is the only one that seems to know thsi (does she need more students) If you find out anymore on this please let us know as I am sure it would have a wide range of implications for a lot of us.

belle06 were you reading my mind? I thought it sounded a bit odd that an NVQ assessor was the bearer of such tidings of joy and not the local early years team!

If I were you paddywack I would give your Early Years advisor or equivalent a call and tell them what she told you and ask if its true. If she is misleading people they will take it up with her superiors and make sure she has the correct information.

Maz

Guest MaryEMac

Actually, I have 2 members of staff doing NVQ 2 and 3 and their assessor came in for the registration session and she mentioned that anyone in a leaders job in pre-school would need to be level 4 trained by 2010. Stupidly I didn't query this as I was too bothered by the fact that she said if our setting wasn't considered safe enough for the candidates, they would be sent somewhere else to complete their NVQ. Now correct me if I am wrong but if it is not safe for the staff, why would we still be open !!!!!!! :o

Mary

Actually, I have 2 members of staff doing NVQ 2 and 3 and their assessor came in for the registration session and she mentioned that anyone in a leaders job in pre-school would need to be level 4 trained by 2010. Stupidly I didn't query this as I was too bothered by the fact that she said if our setting wasn't considered safe enough for the candidates, they would be sent somewhere else to complete their NVQ. Now correct me if I am wrong but if it is not safe for the staff, why would we still be open !!!!!!! :o

Mary

And did they deem your setting safe enough?

Maz

Guest MaryEMac

They are still at work, Maz

She was booked in to see them yesterday at 11.30 after the session. I was out on a course but I noticed that in the diary it said that she had arrived at 9.30 and was there all session!!

Mary

We had this conversation at uni today - apparently ofsted had told a setting that their pre-school supervisor needed to have a Level 4. There was some confusion about what was actually being said (it might have been advice along the lines of "perhaps it would be a good idea for you to do this qualification" rather than "we'll close you down if you don't". I gather the supervisor asked the inspector when she thought she might find time to gain this qualification..?

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)