Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Learning Journey Books....

I have just been reading on another forum about 'learning journey books'.......seems they are scrap books that each child has that is filled with photos, work, comments etc to share with parents showing how they are getting on. Does anyone else do this??

I like the idea but with 50 - 60 children on the register it would take up a lot of time!!!or am I being lazy!!!

We used to do them in both the last 2 settings I used to work in but they were small settings. The children liked to look at them and help chose bits of 'work' to go in them.

We do one Learning Journey book for the whole class and individual ones. We find them easier than files - the files are almost empty!!

Ruthanne :o

We used to do them - it would be difficult for me to do it at present, if I had a purpose built building I think I would do them again, although does seem a bit 'schooly' ?

We do this in a CC. Each child has a file and in this file we place observations, photos etc. If they have been with us before pre-shcool- BT3 - then there is some evidence for that. We have 60 am and 60 pm when we are full in the summer term - but some are children are full time.

We use learning journey books and have done for 3 years (60 children).The chldren have an A4 book with plastic slide binder.This contains all types of observations, assessments, photographs and small pieces of work infact anything small enough.Because we thought an A4 book or scrap book was restrictive the children also have an A3 folder for larger pieces of work.We just throw everything in a box then have a blitz once a month of filing.

and we are doing them, but we ask the parents to add things too, because the journey takes place at home as well! It's a good way to involve the parents (and the child) so we leave a supply of sticky labels, pens pencils , well, you get the picture, general stationery items to enable them to participate! The covers have aphoto of each child with a 'my learning journey' label on them.Lovely! we also have a notice on the box, asking parents to respect each others privacy............they may only look at thei own childs book and no-one elses unless they are invited by the parent to do so.

Guest tinkerbell

I went on the EYFS training Friday and there will be an evening course on Learning journeys.I like the idea but have no time to make the individual books,I think they will be very time consuming.Many years ago school had a file for each child ( over 100!) and we put in samples of the childrens work and progress could be seen....however this was not in partnership with parents which is the way forward.

Tinkerbellx

I do a book made from A3 sugar paper. Instead of printing lots of photo's I print a select few and put the rest on a CD, one for each child, this is placed in the front of their Achievement book.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)