Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Anti Bullying Policy (staff)

Hi everyone :o

Does anyone have an anti bullying policy regarding staff relationships that i could have a look at.

Unfortunately a situation has been brought to my attention today regarding harrassment and victimisation to a member of staff.

I am so shocked and disappointed with my team and will begin investigations tomorrow to find out exactly what has been going on.

Has anyone had any experience of dealing with this sort of thing or have any advice on how to question all staff members?

I am worried about singling out the staff in question and certainly do not want to make the situation any worse than it is.

Sorry to be a bit vague, i can't really comment more on the situation as yet!

Susan - what makes you think that!!!!!!?????? :o

I believe that we do have one - or at least a statement about it. Will dig it out tomorrow.

Have had a minor case, recently. We are lucky as we have a company that help us deal with any issues like this, so we always consult them first before doing anything. You are right, it is investigation first - possible with several staff members. Have a witness with you, and let whoever you are interviewing read and sign the notes afterwards. Then if you feel you need to take further action, you need to call a disciplinary hearing - basically where you go over the information in the investigation meeting. You need to give them 24 hours written notice of this meeting, and will probably want to adjourn at the end before you make a decision. Make sure that they are aware of the purpose of both meetings. At the disciplinary they are allowed a colleague or a Trade Union rep with them.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions.

Hope this helps.

Bullying affects everyone, not just the bullies and the victims. It also affects the other children who watch. No one person or group, weather staff or child, should have to accept this type of behaviour.

Little Fishes believes that everyone, irrespective of sex, race, colour, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, marital status or age should be treated with dignity and respect. Bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated within the work place.

What is bullying?

• PHYICAL

A child can be physically punched, kicked, hit spat at ect

• VERBAL

Verbal abuse can take the form of name calling or hurtful comments. It may be directed towards gender, ethnic origin, physical/social disability or personality ect.

What is unacceptable behaviour?.

Spreading malicious rumours.

Ridiculing or demeaning someone – picking on someone or setting them up to fail

Unfair treatment

Overbearing supervision or other misuse of power of position

Exclusion or victimisation

Making threats or comments about job security with out foundation

Deliberately undermining a competent worker by overloading and constant criticism

Shouting at colleagues/children

Undermining person’s whether adult/child self respect by condescending, paternalistic or threatening treatment that humiliates intimidates or demeans.

The Legal position.

The employer has duties to ensure the physical and psychological health, safety and welfare of employees at work under health and safety legislations. This includes assessing the cause of stress at work and introducing measures to reduce and prevent stress,

Harassment based on race, gender, sexuality or disability are serious employment issues and may be in breach of the Race Relations Act 1976, the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Disability Act 1995, the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and/or the Equal Opportunities code of practice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)