Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Staff - Extra Roles & Responsibilities

All staff have & know there roles and responsibilities within their 'normal' daily rota....do you give your staff extra responsiblities i.e. keeping control of resources like paper etc????

I do too,

they're not always keen on having extra duties, but you have to be strong and to make it something that you won't retract later.

They know that now and it works for me - try it, you need to delegate or you'll end up with too much depending on you.

Abby

I give my senior staff extra responsibilities. My deputy is also our SENCO. She also supervises the other staff. For the others I give them lesser responsibilities-so one member of staff monitors the resources-especially paper, paint and consumables. One is responsible for birthdays, both children and staff and makes cards etc. One is responsible for changing books in the reading area.

Three of my staff are new, within the last 18 months, so I have had to take on the role of health and safety officer but I will be handing this over to somebody else within the next six months. I am also the safeguarding officer, purely because I feel this should be the role of the owner/manager.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)