Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Mum's In School Day!

Each year our school has a mum's in school afternoon. As I work in the Nursery I have a mums n school day. I have just set up activities in all of the areas to show some of the things we get up too. Feels like an ofsted inspection. Mums and children enjoy it wonder if any one else has such a day and what you do to entertain the mums.

could you not do them a nice lunch or afternoon tea that the children hep out with? :o

Thanks for the idea, however we turn the nursery into a cafe for mothers day whn the children bake all of the cakes and biscuits and sing mummy songs.

We do a similar thing with a Christmas craft day as close to 1st Dec as we can.Any family members are welcome to join in making christmas decorations for the whole school.Each class has 4 different 'crafts' and the children rotate around the room.Lots of glue and glitter and christmas CD's playing so lots of singing.When the children have playtime the adults have mincepies :o with their coffee and mix with the staff.

At the end of the day all crafts are taken into the hall to dry and the next morning the TA's are excused class duties to decorate the classrooms/corridors etc (with some child helpers).The crafts are shared so year 6 can end up with some wonky Rudolfs from nursery and nursery with some beautiful items for their tree.My favourite school day xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)