Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Light Box/ofsted

Hello! We got the call last weds and i have been working ever since! Going slightly hysterical now.....I have a light box in class and we are doing light/dark topic. Does anyone have any ideas what i can do with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!???? Thanks

They are reception age. Ive got a space theme really......from 'whatever next'. I was trying to think of how i could best use it. What sorts of things to put on it. I thought of transparent coloured shapes, tissue paper...but thats all really. I have stars in sand to find/count. Glitter in water and catch stars in nets. black/glitter dough. Small world space buggy/alien in space environment .....rocks/sand/glitter/sequins?????? rocket in role play etc. Any other ideas appreciated.

we are covering space and whatever next but we are a pre-school.We have planned a rocket for the wall 54321 on it for no.recognition,whatever nextroleplay,then later on in week a space station/rocket letting them make theri own rocket out of a big tall box we have just providing materials and enc them to write numbers for it

there is a brilliant song on a sticky kids tape called zooming to the moon but if you havent that you could role play going to the moon.making smaller junk rockets again making sure we have opportunity for them to write numbers on sticky labls to put on their rocket.we will have a number line on the table and pencil and lables etc

it is always one that gets the childrens imagination so Im sure you will be fine you know

We havent planned for the end of the week cos we usually see where it takes them.

But we have made star biscuits before now.oh and we usually do star and moon pictures on black paper talking about the full moon and crescent moon etc

Good luck im sure someone wil be along to help with the ligt box

Andrea

Good luck with Ofsted. Lots of deep breaths. Re. the light box I am afraid I cannot help only to say that if you do not feel comfortable with knowing what you are doing with it then I should do something else for this week. There are lots of brilliant ideas been posted here already for you. The added stress of new equipment is not what you need.

Good luck! I gave my children acetate and overhead projector pens - they loved writing their names and drawing pictures on the acetate over the top of the light box - a different look at an everyday thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)