Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Help- I Can't Find Previous Forum Post!

Hi guys, Really sorry. Just thought I'd post this in here as well as I'm getting desperate! Basically one of you lovely people out there posted a link to a school's website where a teacher had made individual videos of the phonemes including the letter pronounciation and jolly phonics actions. Unfortunately I didn't save the website to my favouites when I originally came across it. I'd love to have it to show at a phonics information evening.

Sorry to keep going on about it, but all I've done this evening is try to search previous forum topics and on google and I can't find it anyway. I feel like giving up and crying!

Hi guys, Really sorry. Just thought I'd post this in here as well as I'm getting desperate! Basically one of you lovely people out there posted a link to a school's website where a teacher had made individual videos of the phonemes including the letter pronounciation and jolly phonics actions. Unfortunately I didn't save the website to my favouites when I originally came across it. I'd love to have it to show at a phonics information evening.

Sorry to keep going on about it, but all I've done this evening is try to search previous forum topics and on google and I can't find it anyway. I feel like giving up and crying!

It was in a thread called 'pronunciation of phonemes'. Look at the Jolly Phonics website - or do a search for 'phonemes' in the forum search and you'll find it.

Maz

Thanks for your replies Happymaz and Mundia.

The one I was thinking of isn't in the forum on phoneme pronounication- have looked in there about a million times tonight already!

I could possibly use an alternative one but unfortunately the one someone suggested (which has children doing the jolly phonic actions) only seems to have videos for the first 3 sets of phonemes where ideally I'd like to show parents some of the digraphs that come in later.

The phoneme pronounication forum does have some good alternatives, so thanks for giving me that link.

Sorry to be a hassle to everyone. I'm just at that point in the year where I am rather stressed, have to much to do and don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Thanks for your replies Happymaz and Mundia.

The one I was thinking of isn't in the forum on phoneme pronounication- have looked in there about a million times tonight already!

I could possibly use an alternative one but unfortunately the one someone suggested (which has children doing the jolly phonic actions) only seems to have videos for the first 3 sets of phonemes where ideally I'd like to show parents some of the digraphs that come in later.

The phoneme pronounication forum does have some good alternatives, so thanks for giving me that link.

Sorry to be a hassle to everyone. I'm just at that point in the year where I am rather stressed, have to much to do and don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Hopefully 'the other place' has turned up trumps for you, just wanted to say, you're not alone on the 'desperation / stressed' feeling, we all get that at some point. Chill a bit, you can do but your best, the parents I am sure will appreciatte your hard work planning and delivering your 'phonics info evening' . Just remember they are there to learn about phonics and not to judge you and your abilities ( which I am guessing is making you feel a bit stressed out over this). Have confidence in your knowledge and that you can show it with or without this particular video. xD:o

best wishes.

Peggy

Found it at last!

http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/phonics/

It's a bit creepy when up close. Someone on the 'other side' found it but they are no way as friendly as you- all they could do id point out my spelling mistakes!

Thanks for your help guys. :oxD:(:(:(

Gosh! Sorry guys - I'll be sticking here then. Last hitng I need is someone poitning out my speeling errurs. Glad you found it though - what a relief!

maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)