Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hanging Numbers

sorry dont we just make up our own and laminate them :o

We don't have anywhere to hang them from... but would print them out using word or publisher and do them myself. Susan's suggestion of Sparklebox is a good one - they have themed numbers too!

Maz

theconsortium.co.uk make some good plastic ones, which are a nice size, and you could hang them with a peg or a paperclip. Alternatively,go to your local branch of Curry's and ask the manager nicely for some of the pads of numbers they use for pricing goods.......................they're on a spiral bound pad, and come in various sizes (really nice!).......so you could simply detach them and laminate!! :o I also have some smaller ones which I downloaded from the TES site,(various ones, but the little frogs are nice) laminated and hang on things such as backs of cupboards, heater guards etc (our heater guards are the old-fashioned nursery type and are HUGE, so they stand right away from the heater, so no risk to little hands.............or the numbers :) ) and yes, Sparklebox have some super ones too!

We laminated numbers and the alphabet, hole punched them and used gardening tags to tie them to the railings in the playground. Think we bought the cards rather than made up our own as we usually do.

It's amazing what a visit from Ofsted does to the budget (suddenly theres lots of money available!!!)

:o

I get a lot of resources from Primary plan.

Primary Plan

Service is quick and easy, emailed to your computer or you can get CD's with loads of good resources.

Peggy

Thanks for this Peggy - good to have an alternative supplier. A lot of these resources are customisable too - so I can stamp my own personality on them too!

Have ordered my first CD...

Maz

We laminated numbers and the alphabet, hole punched them and used gardening tags to tie them to the railings in the playground. Think we bought the cards rather than made up our own as we usually do.

It's amazing what a visit from Ofsted does to the budget (suddenly theres lots of money available!!!)

:o

I'm guessing you're in a school then dublinbay? That's the great thing about downloadable resources isn't it - there they are just when they're needed!

Maz

I make my own and laminate them.....have downloaded some from sparklebox before to use. If you can't hang from ceilings etc what about using sticky back plastic and put on the bag of chairs or on tables.

Have recently downloaded some from sparklebox but can't find them to attach here. Will keep looking and hopefully get back to you!!

Some time ago I made some sandpaper numbers using a wooden number peg game as the templates for drawing around. Aside from the fact that it set my teeth on edge cutting the numbers out :o they have lasted ages and been invaluable. They particularly appeal to sensory explorers and really help those who are eager to learn to write numbers.

I bought some coloured foam and cut out numbers so that the children could use them for tracing with their fingers. As well as Sparklebox and primary Plan I got numbers from http://www.primaryclassroomresources.co.uk/free_section.html http://www.communication4all.co.uk/Numeracy%20Extra.htm http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/5to14/resourc...mbers/index.asp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)