Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Parents

Why can't some parents accept the fact that it isn't the fault of the other children when their child isn't emotionally happy. Oh they do make me cross. We have a 4 year old who appears to be very spoilt at home, screaming temper tantrums throughout the night, doesn't actually play and interact with others, apparantly can read but i haven't seen any evidence. She is showing off big time when she comes in ( younger sister is now crawling ) Mum/ grandparent keeps asking us if she has a problem with one of the other children and tells us that child is bored "because she can read you know" Today I couldn't help but tell her that she has a problem with all of the other children because she just turns her back on them and I agree she probably is bored because she only want to sit at adult -lead activity all the morning Mum says she just LOVES adult company and the child says some of other children are silly because they play. Yes i will work through it and sort it out.

Second child, Mum says well some one must have hurt him on his first day.I said that I didn't think so because I sat with him and shadowed him when he was happy to leave me. I just wish they wouldn't blame the other children !!!!!!!!!!!!

Third child, age 3, mum asked me to teach him how to identify and name left/ right hand.

Fourth child, nearly 4, normally is independent in using toilet but had trouble with too tight trousers so I mentioned this to mum. Dad came to see me next day asking why i don't bother to accompany each child to the toilet. UGhhhhhhhh.

Good job the other 60 parents are on their best behaviour this week.

Hi bubblejack

Your post just goes to prove that (1) parents are full of insecurities which they bring and leave at our feet every morning in the hope that we can solve their problems and make them feel better and that (2) you are officially a saint!

Keep up the good work - and take it as a compliment that parents can moan at you because they feel comfortable with you and know you'll try to help them.

And if that doesn't work, take out your imaginary gun and shoot them!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)