Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Help With Planning

Ok i would love loads of help on planning

what i have been doing for planning is deciding what theme topicc's where going to do for that month etc

Long term planning

Is it ok just to put what theame/topics we are going to cover etc i mean theres not really much eles you can put really is there i mean if your going to say that your going to cover a certen goal on the first week in decmber how do we know that the child is ready to cover that goal.

Mediam term planning

is it ok to do it over a month? most of the topics i do i do for a month anyways but some smaller topics i do for 2 weeks and just say what stuff im planning to do with the children and what stuff there may cover over that period

Short term plan

Is this in more detial what stuff we are going to do with the children and stuff it will cover etc

when i come up with the some planning sheets i willl share them too

well im a childminder i do it with my mum at the moment the the children we look after are between 2 and half and 3 and half who all love doing acvtvites

but we take children from 6 months old.

we also have some before and after school ones aswell.

ive allready looked there and didnt find much

I'm surprised Hannahgurney, I've found the resource section to be extremely useful for formats and ideas.

Maybe this article from the article section of the forum would help, it encompasses all aspects of planning from your aims to example formats.

Planning in the FOUNDATION STAGE

I would however suggest that you revisit the resource section as some members have worked extremely hard and shared their excellent resources relevant to the new EYFS coming in to place in Sept 2008.

Peggy

ive allready looked there and didnt find much of what i was looking for i have seen the stuff people have put for the EYFS and its great

what im looking for is ideas of how to do short , miediam and long term planning

i have found some bit help in the section just not what im looking for at the moment

i have used some of the poicly ideas and other stuff

Guest tinkerbell

There are always ways round things...google EYFS and get onto the site there are heaps of things on there.....it will be a case of having a good look and hopefully finding what you need

Tinkerbell

Edited by tinkerbell

i have made up a short term plan (my weekly plan)

it has on it the actcites what we will be doing each day and the times and which key children it covers and which part of the EYFS it covers

and then on the bottom i put an Evaluation bit on which is jsut to say how the day went If we did something with the children what wasnt on the plan etc

here it is

Week_beginning2.doc

• 2 weeks later...

I like your evaluation idea of writing on the bottom of your plan. My medium term plans work termly, so I have an Autumn medium term plan, etc. Within these plans I have each stepping stone-the ones I will cover that term. LOng term is also divided up into terms and has all of my themes and special events.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)