Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Practical Pre-school

Just wondering if any of you in reception use the planning for learning series and what you think? If you have any other ideas for planning topic ideas in reception thanks ger

Yes, I agree with Susan, the plans are a bit too prescriptive for my liking - maybe OK for sparking off some ideas of your own but I wouldn't use them as a basis for planning on their own.

Any good ideas for getting a basis for planning, i work on my own so i dont have a team to bounce ideas of. Is there anything else you would recommend, thanks again

Edited by Guest

We have most of the what learning looks like series but tend to use them to pick ideas from rather than as a whole though often our topcs of the week have matched theirs. This time I have finally persuaded my staff to let go of whole term preplanned topics so it will be very different. The series will still be very useful for mini topics though. We have taken Practical Preschool since it started, it has built up into a fantastic resource.

Al

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)