Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Its Raining Men!

we have been doing interviews this week for a playworker one of our out of school dads suggested a tall long legged brunette. perhaps you should take his advice.

sue

Could you look through their occupations and approach them directly? Last year we had a lovely chef who I asked if he would come in and cook with the children and he did! Also a very sporty dad who said he would come and play football, an ex diver who bought in his suit and helmet, breathing tank etc Asking them directly and saying what you would like them to do certainly helped us. jx

Could you look through their occupations and approach them directly? Last year we had a lovely chef who I asked if he would come in and cook with the children and he did! Also a very sporty dad who said he would come and play football, an ex diver who bought in his suit and helmet, breathing tank etc Asking them directly and saying what you would like them to do certainly helped us. jx

The personal, direct approach always works well - and if they are invited in to do something specific then so much the better. We held a "Dads in Pre-school Week" to celebrate Father's day - lots of dads coming in to do whatever their children wanted them to!

Maz

We do a special invite to all dads and men in their lives around father's day some years we get a better take up than others, but it helps that they get a special invite

we had a me and my dad day in nursery, the children enjoyed it and more dads came that ever, we also tried a story time with dads which was also good

saki

Edited by Guest

The personal, direct approach always works well - and if they are invited in to do something specific then so much the better. We held a "Dads in Pre-school Week" to celebrate Father's day - lots of dads coming in to do whatever their children wanted them to!

Maz

Would this be open to Grandads, big brothers or uncles?? We try to be careful with Father's Day because it can be a sensitive subject if Dad is not around.

Would this be open to Grandads, big brothers or uncles?? We try to be careful with Father's Day because it can be a sensitive subject if Dad is not around.

Didn't realy think this needed saying Mrsb - we welcome everyone in, whatever their connection to the child is. I still smile when I think of the proud little boy whose dad came to Mother's Day lunch because his mum was abroad on business! Dad quite enjoyed it too :o

These issues do need to be handled sensitively though don't they - it is so easy to either put your foot in it or offend someone by not thinking about how you can best include everyone and take into account their personal circumstances.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)