Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Magazines

Practical pre-school....over the last 2 years but have not renewed this time. You get some nice posters and ideas but didn't get time to read everything! But you get a folder to file away bits for future reference.

Nursery World and Practical Preschool. Tended to skip through PP and file stuff never to return to it! NW I like best for the current affairs info and letters page.

Peggy

Only EYE - like everyone else has said, Practical Prechool is good but I never get time to read it all! I did subscribe to Nursery Education but haven't renewed because I feel that the suggested activities are often too formal for my liking. Another magazine (free) that I enjoy reading is what used to be called the Surestart magazine - as from this month called "Early Years". Always lots of interesting stuff and links in there and it's free! It comes out about four times a year and you can subscribe from this link:

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/magazine/aboutus/subscribe/

I thoroughly recommend that one! :o

Practical pre-school....over the last 2 years but have not renewed this time. You get some nice posters and ideas but didn't get time to read everything! But you get a folder to file away bits for future reference.

What folder?? I've subscribed for ages! - Never seen a folder, bought my own. :o

Sue

I have NW although in the last few months - since it changed format I don't really find it very inspiring any more - I used to like a quick flick through for ideas, It was simple to read and good for staff training etc.. now it's changed and it's a if it wants to be more like the others - EYE and N ED both of which I like reading for slightly 'deeper' information, but because it [NW] comes out weekly it now seems to get left unread.

xx

NW and EYE subscribed to NW for over 20 yrs seen lots of formats over the years I subscribe to this forum and early learning both full of info and company

like most of you I have copies yet to read

sue

What folder?? I've subscribed for ages! - Never seen a folder, bought my own. :o

Sue

My memory is starting to go a bit.....but I'm sure it came one month with the magazine.

My memory is starting to go a bit.....but I'm sure it came one month with the magazine.

Sometimes you get a free binder when you subscribe - but I think then you have to buy them...

I get Nursery World (always open it and skim read - can't bear to have magazines unopened!) but then usually I don't go back to it unless I'm looking for something specific I've seen on the initial skim through. Of course then I can never remember which issue it was in! Its good for finding out what is happening in the here and now - and reading the letters page often gets my heart going in a "Daily Mail" sort of way!

I get EYE because often articles are in more depth and this particular publication seems to do a better job of referencing so I can always follow up something of interest to get to the original research which is vital for study. It certainly has a more scholarly air about it than any of the other magazines available.

I also get Nursery Education because its bright and shiny and a good read.

All these are on subscription - so they just arrive on my doorstep.

Sometimes I also buy the other one whose name I can't remember - Practical Professional Childcarer or something like that. Its published by Step Forward so its a familiar mix of news, activities etc with pull out sheets that you can file away (although of course I never do). I do like this because it gives a different slant and is often targeted at childminders so you get a different perspective (and the activities are differentiated for older children too so they're useful for Brownies!).

All in all I'm a bit of a magazine junkie - might need to review my spending habits for next year!

Gosh - I'm glad words are free otherwise I'd be bankrupt by now. Sorry :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)