Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Operational Plan ?

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

We didn't have an operational plan, mainly because I refused to waste money and resources copying everything. Last week at our inspection this subject came up as it had been a reccomendation at our last inspection. I explained my feelings to the inspector and she said that there is no need to have massive files for the plan. She told me that it could all go on 2 pieces of paper that could be pinned on the noticeboard. We have all the paperwork in the playgroup so on these 2 pieces of paper we state where they can all be found. Sorted :o . I must admit that this operational plan had concerned me but I feel happier about doing it this way.

Mary

YIPPEE an Inspector with common sense :o , maybe should have got her comment in writing though as your next inspector may think differently. :( However, you will be able to easily justify 2 sides of A4 if they clearly route to relevant documents / info / policies etc. xD

Peggy

Just as I get out of the sector (all be it on a temporary basis) we get an inspector with sense :o

My understanding was that the operational plan was a mechanism for signposting to existing documents and paperwork - I've seen them organised in accordance with National Standards and more recently, under the Every Child Matters Five Outcomes.

I did 'borrow' some of the documents from work before I finished and found this attachment, which may be of use?

Operational_plan.doc

Guest MaryEMac

I have started to produce this list but it is on the playgroup computer at the moment. Basically I used a table format with just 2 columns. In the left hand side I listed documents and right hand side I listed where exactly they can be found, e.g. planning documents -- found in pink folder in top drawer of filing cabinet in the kitchen. Playgroup policies and procedures -- found in blue box file on shelf above the coat hooks in the cloakrooom.

So far I have covered just over one A4 sheet but I think that after the holiday we may think of other things to add.

Running Bunny I hope everything goes well with your baby and i look forward to hearing that it has arrived.

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)