Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Advice Please (birth To 3 Matters/foundation Stage Room)

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone who works in a mixed age room which accomodates for birth to three matters and foundation stage could give me some insight into how they run the room.? Example, do you have two seperate ways of planning? do you have staff who are key persons for the birth to three and different staff for the foundation stage children? Do you have seperate garden times or do you all join together? also what do you do about the toys and activities, as alot of toys etc will say not suitable for children under 3, but obviously the foundation stage children need access to toys etc suitable for them, small parts such as pegs for the peg board, lego etc.

The reason I am asking is as a new manager, been in position for two months now and am slowly but surely assessing different areas of the nursery, I have slight concerns about how the room for birth to three matters and the foundation stage group which are together in the same room work.

Also does anyone have a sleep check chart they could very kindly share with me?

Many thanks in advance

Rosepetal

we run with 2 1/2 yr to 5 yrs .. at present i have one key worker for the 2 1/2 years that observes them on the aspects of BTTM but of course come next sept this will change. We provide a variety of toys each day that are siutable for the whole age range and the key worker does one focus activity each week for this age group :o

We have from 4 weeks to 4 yrs plus in the same room during term time

The room is divided off into the under 2 s section the 2 to 3 s section and the over 3 s section by low walls. Each section has 2 keyworkers eachfor the differnt ages

If you would like to PM me I can enlarge on which bit you would like to know more of

I have a baby check chart but dont know how to attach, if anyone can talk me through it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)