Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Reception Timetable

Hi

Does anyone have a current timetable they could share with me please? I'm starting as Foundation stage leader of a big foundation unit in January and we're just looking at staff deployment/timetables etc. I'd be grateful if I could see how you are dividing up your week, especially in light of the new framework

Thanks

Sorry - but i am currently in nursery - am sure some reception collegues will be along soon to help you out though. Have you tried a forum search? Hope the new post goes well. :o

Hi Janine

My timetable is very flexible. I have playtimes and Assembly and any other times when I share space such as PE and ICT blocked and other than that play it as it comes. I try to have 3 teaching focus times each day, one of which is phonics and a story at the end of the day with fruit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same as Susan. Have things I have to do at certain times (PE, ICT, play, lunch, assembly etc) but other than that I don't really have a timetable as such. It means if I want to spend longer doing KUW or creative activities I can rather than doing literacy and numeracy. I try to ten to have 4 whole class teaching sessions- pnly of about 10 mins. One first thing in the morning, one just before morning play (phonics), one after playtime and one after lunch. sometimes these just end up being recapping bits and pieces.

Hope that helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)