Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Qualifications Equivalent To Nneb

Hi

I have seen a job advertised for a TA in a nursery unit of a local school and I am thinking of applying for it. The description states that they are looking for someone who is qualified as NNEB or equivalent. I have recently passed my level 3 diploma in preschool practice and I'm not sure whether this is equivalent to the NNEB. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Sally

Hi

I have seen a job advertised for a TA in a nursery unit of a local school and I am thinking of applying for it. The description states that they are looking for someone who is qualified as NNEB or equivalent. I have recently passed my level 3 diploma in preschool practice and I'm not sure whether this is equivalent to the NNEB. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Sally

Your qualification is fine. The NNEB is on the National Qualification framework as a level 3 childcare qualification so your qualification is an equivalent.

Good luck with the job application, Sally!

Its a good time to get a new job, when you've just finished your DPP - your confidence is high and you're desperate to put all your learning and experience into practice. They'll be lucky to have you!

Maz

Thanks for the help. I'm definately going to apply for the job in the new year. You're right Maz, I'm full of enthusiasm and keen to start really learning now I've got the diploma. I don't think that there will be much opportunity to develop in my current setting as they have a very set way of doing things and new ideas are not well received.

Oh yes, almost forgot HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Hi Sally

My School was told by county that Level 3 was the equivalent when I wanted to take the Nursery Nurses hours when she left.

Good Luck

Hi - many congratulations on the successful completion of your diploma. I am just echoing what the others have said - as far as I know the DPP is a level 3 qualification ( ie. equivalent to NVQ3 and NNEB). I know a girl who had this diploma and the only issue she had was that when she took hers (it may have changed since then, I don't know) it covered 0-5 (as opposed to 0-8 for NVQ) and this came up when she applied for a job in a school(presumably in connection with a job working with over 5's), however I can't imagine this would be a problem unless the children were over 5 ( which, obviously, would not apply in a nursery!) Go for it!Onward and upward. Wishing you continued success, Ann x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)