Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Winter Medium Term Planning

HI EVERYONE I have posted on the forum about this topic not so long ago and got some fab ideas :o i just wondered wether anyone would be willing to share their medium term planning on this topic. I am still struggling a bit with role play indoor/outdoor. Thanks Sandra

My children have turned our role play area into a polar land- tent with white sheet as igloo, polar animals, snowflakes etc. Sparklebox have some polar animal masks which the children love to wear and make up their own stories.

I'm struggling with ideas for outside so will be keeping an eye on this post for any interesting replies.

we have a little chalet outside so at mo we have a car garage

i have done this so the children will be focused on using the trikes and working inside chalet fixing cars and hopefully be keeping warm and not standing about getting too cold in this icy winter weather

love the igloo idea would love to go and either hibernate at mo or curl up with a book in a warm igloo

Hi thanks for your replys :o We have started with a weather station and will be adding a map(photos of local area that the children recognise) and then videoing each other doing a weather forecast. The children appear very interested in animals that hibernate though so i think we will be incorperating this outside as well. Maybe constructing animal homes using different materials and seeing what happens to them in the different weather. And an obstacle course, putting on winter clothes as they go,using a sand timer, writing down how many clothes the children can put on in a set time(we will use a different timer for differant groups). These activities all came about from talking to the children abd asking for ideas xD

We are doing snow and ice at the moment- I have an igloo in my room, we are doing loads of work with magnets, water, ice cubes, ice balloons, icicle dancing, painting, we are using poohs' expedition to the north pole to go and explore the surroundings and find the north pole- of course.

Made some resources which I will add later as i am not on the computer with all my files right now.

watch this space....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)