Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Letter Formation

Help ! I want to design a how to write booklet for parents. What style of writing do most nurseries and reception use ? eg. cursive or pre-cursive. Are there any examples of how to form letters correctly anywhere /

Sasson Primary Infant would be the font of my choice as it is most like the writing that will be found in schools although there is a growing tendency for a continuous cursive style.

You can find examples of letter formation within The Jolly Phonics finger phonic books.

Sparklebox.co.uk may have something that you could use.

Meant to say, hi and welcome. Thank you for making your first post!

Thanks for that. Am still tryin to work out not only how to use computer but also the site !!!

Hi and welcome. We did use cursive and now we are using continuous cursive where you always start from the line. We found that quite a few children had difficulty with the continuous cursive and I spoke with EYA who suggested we continue with it as many schools found that by year 1 (when they have to start joining) it was alot easier as they did not have to relearn a new skill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)