Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Equipment Cleaning Routine

Sorry to be a pain but I am updating the Operational plan and was wondering if anyone had an example of an 'equipment cleaning routine'. We obviously clean the toys/equipment but we have nothing written down?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thank you

jenni

We basically went through our inventory and split things up. Some things we tended to clean each day, others before they were put away, others each term and so on. :o Once we had the list then it was printed up and someone needed to make sure it was signed and dated at the appropriate times.

i have plastic pockets attached to the backs of large equipment such as the book cases, with a card label inside it showing when we cleaned it last.So a storage unit for puzzles etc will have a pocket and we know that everything in that unit was cleaned on the date shown.smaller items, such as duplo, sticklebricks etc, have a label on the storage box.Things such as dolls etc are cleaned at the same time as larger equipment in the home room etc, so we know and can show due diligence...........

we also have an extra cleaning session when things such as chicken pox have hit the group

That would be brilliant, thank you Hali.

We do a similar thing to Narnia right now and thats to write the date cleaned on the back of the container but I wanted to evidence it in the op file and also we are doing the accrediation aswell and it could be used as evidence for that too.

thank you for ideas so far

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)