Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning

i AM RUNNING A PRE SCHOOL FOR 2 AND 3 YR OLDS I STARTED OUT DOING SESSIONAL CARE AND NOW OPENED FULLTIME I HAVE TO DO PLANNING LONG MEDIUM AND SHORT AND HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN GIVE ME INFORMATION THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND ON PLANNING, BE GENTLE WITH ME REMEMBER I TEACH 2 YR OLDS HAHA

Guest Wolfie

Hi smartiespreschool and welcome to the forum! Have a look in the Resource Library, there are some planning resources in there (look at the toolbar on the lefthand side of the page) and there are also some good articles about planning. That'll get you thinking and then you might think of some more quesions to ask us!

Do you have an early years advisor who comes out to support your pre-school? They should be able to give you guidance on what sort of planning formats might be right for your setting? And there are some more examples on the CD-Rom of the EYFS pack, if you've had time to have a look at that yet? :o

Anyway, welcome again and I'm sure some more people will be along soon to help you! xD

Edited by Wolfie

hello and welcome from me too, nothing much to add as i was going to say the same as wolfie.

we have just changed our planning and i found the formats in the eyfs helpful. Theres also some good threads on the forum that i found helpful. im sorry im not cleaver enough to put a link in

Hello smartiespreschool, a warm welcome from me too. Lots to look up from Wolfies response which should be very helpful and keep you busy for a while.

Not sure that you really need medium term planning as the trend is moving towards planning from children observed interests, so a good system for managing observations is paramount to good planning.

Have a look at Sue's article on Motivational Planning you can find it HERE

What are your current plans like? Don't feel you need to do it all on your own, yor staff should be equally involved in the planning process to enable their key childrens needs and interests to be met, so delegate, share and see planning as a team responsibility.

Well lots to think about, and a good tip to look at the new EYFS as this will be implimented in Septemeber which is only a term away (how time flys)

Good luck, let us know how you get on and any more queries, just ask, lots of friendly professionals are at your disposal now you've joined the forum :o

Peggy

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are lots of examples of planning on the forum - just click on the 'Search forum post' button on the top of the page and you can search to your hearts content. xD

In the meantime I am going to move this somewhere more appropriate. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)