Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Equipment And Material Suppliers

Over the years we've used NES Arnold, Galt, Hope, Philip & Tacey. One by one these companies have been swallowed up by Findel Education. We now get the most appalling service from all of them. They don't acknowledge orders, they deliver to the wrong place, they take weeks to deliver; it's all incredibly unsatisfactory. Can anyone recommend a supplier that has a good range and actually cares about its customers?

Guest MaryEMac

We use ESPO but for the life of me I can't remember what it stands for :o. They are pretty good and if we phone an order one week it will be delivered the next at the beginning of the week.

Mary

depends on what we are buying,

we use early Years direct for some items of furniture, Early Years direct

The consortium for other items

both have given good service , and fast delivery, good on the pphone sorting out any probelms too, which have been very few against Hope who haver managed to mess up an order for weeks by writing on the front of our cheque invalidating it and sending it to the wrong address!!

Inge

I have just applied for an account with the Consortium and if I put in the hours we are open, 4 each day, it refused my application. If I put in longer hours it accepts it! I am waiting for them to contact me within the next two days to explain why I have been refused.

We use YPO for most of our equipment and matreials, materials especially but I think they only deliver in the north. I use TTS for some equipment too.

And yes SBS is part of Findel education. Findel companies are mainly based in Hyde, Cheshire.

Linda

I have just applied for an account with the Consortium and if I put in the hours we are open, 4 each day, it refused my application. If I put in longer hours it accepts it! I am waiting for them to contact me within the next two days to explain why I have been refused.

We use YPO for most of our equipment and matreials, materials especially but I think they only deliver in the north. I use TTS for some equipment too.

And yes SBS is part of Findel education. Findel companies are mainly based in Hyde, Cheshire.

Linda

The Consortium also turned us down too. We open 4.5 hours per day 4 days per week and 7 hours on Tuesdays. It does state preschool, what hours do they require!! I am also waiting for them to contact me in the next 2 days!

This happened to me, Linda - my guess is that they feel that as a sessional group we won't spend enough money with them to warrant an account. I'm afraid I didn't waste any further time on them - and my ability to spend money is legendary... :o

Maz

That's what I thought Maz but when I changed the hours, 7 hours a day, I kept my spending at the same amount and I was accepted this time. I put in £2000 both times, just a figure I plucked from the air. Perhaps they feel I won't have that sort of money as a sessioanl group? Bit presumptious if that's the case!!

Linda

i have used the consortium for donkeys years without problems.........I have heard they are worried about the hours groups are open, but this is because they cannot promise to deliver during mornings if groups are only open then.However, they DO promise next day delivery if you order before 2pm, so if you know you have an order coming, you just have to arrange for someone to be there to sign for it.And yes, tell them any figure you like for spending...they won't close an account if you don't spend that amount.I certainly don't spend a fortune with them, but have never been threatenend with clousre of the account.They aslo have fabulous sales every now and again, but you have to go to their warehouse for them, first come first served, but, for instance, whole boxes of paper towels £1........a bargain!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)