Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Information About Medical Conditions

Does anyone know of a good medical dictionary website?

I am trying to find some information about a child's medical condition, hopefully written in lay person's terms but am struggling a bit. I have information from mum, but wanted to have something in writing so we know what we're dealing with, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

Maz

We have a series of booklets from I think Early Support which form part of our SENCO background info packs. They each deal with a specific condition and provide the basic information and then ideas for further support. I just looked at Early Support from a Google search and I can't seem to find the booklets on the site but perhaps your Area Senco could help you find some. Although we use the information parents give I agree it also handy to have some further background information.

Edited to say I just looked more carefully and the booklets are under Materials, Parent's Information.

They don't cover everything but they might cover the area you are looking at.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Guest katkat

Contact a Family is a really useful website and has an index of medical conditions you can search, also support groups.

www.contactafamily.org.uk

Somehow I had missed all these replies - doh!

Thanks for all your suggestions - and especially to katkat for using your first post to answer! Welcome to the forum katkat - I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Maz

HappyMaz, I'm curious now, and surprised no-one has actually asked (although Shazzam nearly did) What 'actual' medical condition are you looking for information about?

I'm sure you will tell me if I'm being too nosey ( (I won't be offended) but if you can, let us know.

Peggy

I'm sure you will tell me if I'm being too nosey ( (I won't be offended) but if you can, let us know.

Am a little wary of going into too much detail, Peggy (I have discovered my username makes me, and therefore my group fairly identifiable locally). Usually I don't give much away about my group for this reason: it does keep me on the straight and narrow :o

The usual site I go to (you know, when I've got a headache and I'm sure its a brain tumour xD ) didn't really help much, so that's why I thought I would ask what others use when they need a bit of extra information.

I hope to be able to speak to the child's hospital consultant soo, anyway so they'll be able to answer all my questions, I hope.

And Peggy: I'd never tell you that you're nosey!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)