Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Large Cardboard Boxes

Hi,

I have been ringing around to Comet, Tesco etc to see if they have large boxes available but have had no luck. Tesco's white goods don't come in boxes anymore and Comet say they send the boxes back to be re-used. I really want to revamp the role play area and very short of cash. We need the boxes to make play houses/cookers/rockets etc. Can anyone help? Where have you got your large boxes from?

Thanks

Lorraine

look in the yellow pages for cardboard - we went to a small retail park, one of the little storage depots sold removal boxes and they gave a us few and then sold us some seconds for next to nothing- they were wonderful for storage with strong lids!- worth a try

Thanks for tthe suggestions. I will have a look in the yellow pages and make a few more calls. I think I need to become more skilled and getting more of my resources free or at a cheap price. Hopefully it will come with experience.

Lolli

Have you tried your local freecycle network? I have got loads from ours including boxes of fantastic fabric great for revamping up the role play area. In one box I have found a beautiful blue fabric covered in shiny scales perfect for the Rainbow Fish story and in another these fantastic curtains which now adorn our role play area. We are going to make a patchwork quilt and use some of the fabric for capes!

Our local branch is always having moving boxes offered so it might be worth a try.

Just google freecycle then you just need to find your local area.

I attend a "stay & play" session with the children I childmind. The play leader asked the motorbike shop next door for a box and they brought round a huge one(which had been used to deliver 2 motor bikes) free of charge. It was a big red bus for a few weeks, complete with seats, tickets etc. Then a ladder and blue lights and some lengths of hosepipe transformed it into a fire engine. By Christmas it was painted brown and became the stable! It's now multi coloured and draped in fabric as a den. It's been the most imaginative and much-played-in resource!! All credit to the play leaders. :o

Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions. I have just signed up to freecycle - it looks amazing - another site to spend my time on!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)