Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Literacy/numeracy Equipment

Hi there, me again

We have also been asked if there is any literacy and NUmeracy equipment that we would like to add to a wish list but i have drawn a blank! i am sure that there is lots that i could buy!!! (i love spending other people's cash!) and was wondering if there was anything that people can't live without or unusual things that i could add to this list?

No promises that i will get - all the school putting in a list! but 'shy bairns get nowt!' so i might as well add it to the list!

Sarah

Hi again

Hard to know what to suggest as not sure what you have. My 2 favourites and the childrens are:

Numeracy: I have a resource called Numicon which is good for counting and then adding, subtraction and goes on to tens and units if used firther up the school. There is a website try typing Numicon into google.

Literacy: Stile, great for matching sounds, letters, and leads onto sentences and is self correcting so the children can work independently as well as teacher lead. I am useless at remembering where i get things from but I think the company who makes this is LDS or LSD but it must have been in one catelogue somewhere!

I use alot of ICT programmes from Sherston/BBC for both eg Izzy's Island, Bucket and Spade.

I hope your wishes are granted :)

Ali

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)