Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Outstanding Provision In Birmingham

:o Hi there - just putting out a request to any foundation stages within a primary school setting who have recieved an 'outstanding' judgment from the big o. I am the fs co ord in a lareg primary school and am looking to organise some visits to such settings for our foundation stage staff - anybody willing to open their doors to us???????? Many thanks in anticipation xxxx

I think visiting any foundation units are very helpful as they all offer different thing and sometimes the outstanding( according to ofsted ) arent always the best.

When we had ofsted the co-ordinator didnt have all the info to hand for the inspectors and wasnt very well at the time. this gave a bad impression I and the rest of the team thought.

We were given satisfactory. The co ordinator went sick and we had a new lead teacher then another local school came to visit who loved all our ideas, planning, assessments etc. they stayed the whole morning looking round and were very impressed.

They took copies of everything .the next day they had the call from ofsted and over the weekend they changed a lot of things ( it was a new unit) there co-ordinator rang us to thank us for all the ideas, she had told ofsted they were going to implement all of what we do. they got outstanding and their unit had only been open 4 days .

I believe if you have a strong team and everyone works together this shows through.

sorry to go on a bit

Fluffy there are a couple of places that come to mind, PM me if you like.

However, I would also say that an oustanding setting with a different set up to yours often doesn't help, and sometimes its better to find good solid places with similar circumstances to your own to visit. Your advisers would also know who to point your towards too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)