Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Whole School Scrutiny Of Work

Our school are having an LEA advisor in to do a scrutiny of science work. Have been asked to send planning and books for all children. In the past we have had a general topic books for each child with bits of work in, but this year, for some reason we haven't done topic books. Lots of work on display boards and then going home, photos of children taking part in activities .... but no books! We found we were printing out loads of photos for books and that cost so much money. We have also previously had a book of photos for each topic covered with photos, examples of work etc, but again this year, because of the cost of printing we haven't done this. All I have are the annotated photos in my K&U moderation file. All other photos are on the computer so can be accessed.

Am panicking that I'm going to be in trouble. What do you do?

Harricroft

Guest tinkerbell

Don't panic

Talk to your HT and say you will ...

Send in your medium planning and moderation photo file with annotatations.( I would probably copy the KUW bit too)

If the LEA science person wants to talk to you ,you will be able to tell them what science has been going on.stating it doesn't stand alone ,all 6 areas of the foundation curriculum are often involved in science work eg speaking and listening,maths,measuring,creative making etcetc.

Tinkerbellx

Oh Harricroft, so stressed youve put this in eprofile so I am moving it for you!

I think you have justified what you do and why and if your LEA advisor doesnt think it acceptable, you may have to think again next year. Meanwhile, you cannot undo the decisions you have taken and produce books, so try not to worry.

Do you feel that you know as much about the children?

Hope all goes well.

We've done nothing in our books for KUW really. Like you have loads of photos and post it notes of things children have said and done in my assessment file. We really don't do that much recording.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)