Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Qualifications

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! Every one in my early years team appear to be on a training course today and are not answering the phones xD so I have come to you good people to help me.

We were sent a list of upto date qualifications and their equivalent from the good old days. Does anyone know where to access this information :o and can you tell me the following:

NNEB college diploma in Nursery Nursing (exam sat in 1993) - is this equivalent to NVQ 2 now.

We are interviewing tomorrow and need to know whether this person will need to do more training or not.

Please help, thank you.

Talk about hard to track down - I thought there was a list somewhere of all th qualifications and what they're equivalent to.

The CWDC has a link on its website where you can ask questions such as "show me which qualifications are suitable for early years supervisor" and they list them all. Both NNEB Certificate and Diploma are suitable, so that makes them a Level 3. I'm guessing you could print out the relevant page to show that you've done the research...

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Also think it is level 3, but will also depend on the updated training since, if they have not kept up to date this could have an impact on suitability, or what they need to do in way of training

Good point Inge: as I've said so many times that now I'm even boring myself :o having the qualification is one thing but being able to do the job well is another...

Maz

I agree. We were told that NNEB was a level three but that the person holding it must have undertaken relevant training to keep it up to date.

I agree. We were told that NNEB was a level three but that the person holding it must have undertaken relevant training to keep it up to date.

Agree, I think it is equivalent to level 3, however, what do we all understand 'relevant' up to date training would be?

I think;

Child Protection

1st Aid

EYFS (when available) or at least Foundation Stage / BTTM - depending on recent experience in the field, I suppose.

Inclusion / equal opps

Health & Safety

Code of Practice for funding (if supervisor level and not committee run setting)

SEN Code of practice.

any others?

preferable but not mandatory - Food Hygiene, Outdoor play, Positive behaviour management.

I think all the above have changed so much over the last decade. :o

Peggy

NNEB is definatly a level 3 and as a manager of a 120place day nursery with 38 staff that is the qualification I hold.

To be honest one of our parents works for Ofsted and has said that regardles of when the qualification was gained they still see it as one of the most respected qualifications.

As for the EYPS I personally dont see the point. Someone asked me recently did I not want to'better myself' and become an early years professional by doing the extra training needed? After 20yrs in the buisness do people still not see me as a professional?? Do I have to go to uni to prove my worth? I dont think so!

Sorry for the rant , just got carried away :o

How about Steve's article http://www.foundation-stage.info/newfsf/ar...FArticle_82.php

slightly OT there is a thread on another forum "Topic: NNEB qualifications..have been told these will not be recognised for the EYFS? "

I wondered if anyone had heard this as all our support staff are NNEB trained.

http://eypquals.cwdcouncil.org.uk/public/g...ubmit#_QualList

Edited by Marion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)