Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Road Safety Resources

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Has anyone used any specific resources or activities for Road Safety that they would recommend?

We telephoned our town hall and asked to speak to road safety offocer and found there was one who had lots of resources to borrow! Included working models of pelican crossing, uniforms, and leaflets for parents as well.

we are local so they delivered them.

May be worth a call

Inge

Has anyone used any specific resources or activities for Road Safety that they would recommend?

ROSPA is a god site to follow - I will post the site we use - can't rememmber the site @ the mo

toadie

ROSPA is a god site to follow - I will post the site we use - can't rememmber the site @ the mo

toadie

i meany gooooooood site!!!! soz

i meany gooooooood site!!!! soz

yet again i meant gooooooood site - don't often join this site but when i do always get spelllllling wrongggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

I did a whole day of activities based around road safety as a task for my EYPS, it was great fun. I used a bee bot and made my own floor mat, it was named Bertie Bee Bot's walk to Pre School! Used mini traffic lights, lollipop lady etc. It had roads and pavements 2! Then we played the traffic light game outdoors, then i asked my policeman friend to come in and give the children a road safety chat. We made up some road safety rhymes to the tunes of well known rhymes. I went to my local council and they gave me some stickers and books colouring sheets etc so i made the children a little goodie bag, with some info 4 parents 2.

xx

Raod safety day sounds great fun lou. I got some road signs from somewhere (think it might have been the ROSPA site). These are great, not really intended for FS but we have them in our construction area and use them for outdoor play. We had a whole school healthy living day at the beginning of the year and had the local road safety officer in. He was great and pitched it at just the right level for the littlies. He brought in a set of traffic lights, pelican crossing and made a road across the classroom (couldn't use the playground as this was being used by another group for exercise). He talked about always holding hands, looking for traffic etc. All the children got a sticker and a colouring pictures.

We'll do a recap this half term as were doing a topic on transport.

Guest Wolfie

Thanks for all these wonderful ideas - I'm in charge of co-ordinating a week of activities at our Children's Centre for Road Safety Week in November and am trying to get ahead of myself!

Have been searching for this for days since I first saw this thread, but finally I find it.

We got some resources from this site

http://www.salmanandfriends.co.uk/

The original initiative nrsi.org has now ended but we had some lovely FREE books from them which covered no end of needs in the setting (diversity, road safety among them).

I will sleep tonight now knowing I finally found the site!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)