Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Weekly Newsletters To Parents

hey, i'm new to this forum, its great to have so much help available! i've been asked by headteacher to make a weekly newsletter to parents for our foundation stage/year one class. :o does anyone do this already? or does anyone have an ideas about the type of thing i can put in it?

thank you xD

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum! xD

I used to include information about things we'd been doing/were planning to do, including anything that the children had really been interested in and enjoyed. Also any pleas that were needed for particular materials or resources and general reminders and information about things like day for changing library book.

I also used to hunt for little snippets to include about how to support children's learning at home - little articles, ideas for activities, outings, etc., linked to what we were doing if possible......you only have to ask on here and someone will come up with something for you! And if you're learning new rhymes or songs, parents often appreciate a copy of the words because children sometimes get a bit mixed up! :o

Other people will be along with their ideas shortly, I'm sure.... :(

I do this, I just put 'what we have been learning this week', any special events/ achievements in the form of 'a well done x class for trying hard with your counting this week.....' then put a fun challenge such as see what minibeasts you can spot this weekend, or similar, nothing recorded or too heavy. If you make it size 14 font it soon fills up :)!!

hope this helps,

lisa D

Hi chocolatedaisychain

No suggestions to offer just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Love the name!

Sally

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)