Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

On Entry Assessment

Hi everyone,

I've just been going through my children's results on the e-profile and they seem to achieve so much in the Autumn term. Next year I want to highlight achievment on entry to show the progress made in the Autumn term. We presently use Pips at the beginning of the year but I find it hard to link it to the early learning goals and use it as evidence in the profiles. I've also read somewhere on the NARA website that they aren't keen on us using Pips as evidence anymore. I just wondered what other approaches people use to assess the children's ability on entry?

Fluffychuffnuts x :o

• 2 weeks later...
PRofile or What eyfs stage they are at if in nursery. The NAA consider that as PIPS and the like are not based on observational assessment over time it is not a true assessment within the expectations of early years practice.

Cx

what are pips.

sorry excuse my ignorance!

what are pips.

sorry excuse my ignorance!

Don't worry - its best to ask these questions if you're not sure!

Welcome to the Forum, molcol - looking forward to getting to know you.

So who can tell me and molcol what Pips stands for?

Maz

PIPS-Performance indicators based on tick list type assessment that produces lovely coloured graphs for the head to put on his wall xD I've told him I'll let the intake loose with a pack of felt pens on his office walls and that would be a more accurate indicator of their performance for the school development officer to view :o

PIPS-Performance indicators based on tick list type assessment that produces lovely coloured graphs for the head to put on his wall :wacko: I've told him I'll let the intake loose with a pack of felt pens on his office walls and that would be a more accurate indicator of their performance for the school development officer to view :o

xD:(:( I can just imagine the results. :(

Peggy

indicator of their performance for the school development officer to view

She's been in today to view the profiles scores and just had to smile as I went passed the heads office as they were hunched over pages of data.He's out later in the week at a meeting so .....

It's good to have wicked thoughts isn't it????

or am I just evil ??

we use the e-profile to assess them and enter the data as entry .we score them as they are we dont wait for things to be maintained as having them as part time we usually know the level they are working at.

We already have one boy (full time in sept) and two girls(not full time untill xmas) who are consistantly scoring up to seven in NLC, and scoring high in calculating.

We would put in this score at entry even if at the end they only move up the other two points as this is their true score.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)