Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Home Visits

Hi all

We have decided to offer Parents / new entrants, a home visit during the first two weeks of the new academic year.

I was wondering if anyone has any information or perhaps a letter informing the parents about the benefits of Home visits, that they would be willing to share. I am brain dead at the moment xD So any information that you offer will be gratefully received :o

We have our new parents evening next week.....so I need to compose something by then.

Thanks again

Cwumbs

Hi - I have just received some documents from my local authority with one document called "All about me" which should be completed at the setting or on a home visit in line with new EYFS.

Would you like me to scan it to my pc and copy it over to you - if so let me know and I wil do so over the weekend. :o Dot

I have just finished doing home visits with most of the children I will be having in reception next year and find them very beneficial, mostly to allow me and my TA to get to know the children on their home ground. - Ialso start to build a relationship with the parents. We had our first induction morning yesterday and it was so nice being able to remember the childrens names without looking at their name badges, talk about their toys they had shown and they were able to come in recognising the 2 adults in the room. I only had 2 little girls a bit upset and that's not bad out of 22. We just offer a home visit along with the chance of induction days as a matter of course but some of my parents who have older children in school have queried whether they are needed and I have explained how beneficial I have felt them to be. I still have a few each year who don't have them. When we visit I take along a big Puppet, who is in the classroom as well, and a pack that they borrow containing a couple of books, some activities such as making a jigsaw, colouring picture, maths dice game etc, an activity to do - making playdo, floating and sinking, weather chart. I have also included a leaflet from Sure Start this year they are on the website I think there are about 12 of them I just downladed the ones about reading, whiting, maths and science. There are also some really good leaflets on the Basic Skills site, I think one is called Reaing Together, they are about £4 I am ordering them at the moment but they come in leaflets that you could laminate and use as a really good resource for home visits or parents meeting. I thanked my parents yesterday for letting me visit and the one parent who hadn't had a visit came and asked for one. Hope some of this helps

hi Dot

thanks for the offer, I would be very grateful if you would upload your docs for me.....our lea hasn't produced anything.... :o

thanks again

cwumbs xD

Thanks for your reply Ruth1,

Lots of good ideas for me to thinks about, I will give the surestart website a try

Thanks Again

Cwumbs :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)