Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

The Bottom Finally Fell Out Of Our Water Tray........

After good and faithful service plus quite a few epoxy mends by my husband, our water tray has finally died.

We had a clear, rockface one on a folding stand. Spent extra and also have the lid, as you do.

Why can't I just replace the tray? I don't want another stand.

I've searched hard but can't find one.

Can you help? I'm fed up with looking now and feeling very discouraged. We don't have much money and I'd really like to have the same clear tray. Amazingly its lots more money than the coloured plastic version which is also unfair.

Sorry, rant over. If you can help please let me know!

Hi there, sorry cannot help but the same thing happened to our one and because I liked the design so much, another one was bought. Yes we had to buy the stand as well. Can't remember what we did with the old stand!! Bad news is the same thing has happened again and although the janitor has repaired it it's not the same. Needless to say I will not be buying one of them again, which is a shame because it has so many good points.

We have the rockface water table and stand and purchased them from NES Arnold. However, you're right you can't buy the tray without the stand.

Have you had a look at NES (page 177 in catalogue). There tray is £99.95 plus VAT. They do have other trays that may fit onto your stand. It is really annoying when you can't replace just the bit you want. :o

www.nesarnold.co.uk

I have the same problem!! :o Only today our water trolley gave up the ghost!!! It has a water wheel on one edge, and one of our 'larger' children lent on it and it split. I have spent the day looking through catalogues for a replacement only to discover we have to re-buy the stand. xD I wouldn't mind so much but we have only had it 2 years!! The stand is like new!!!

Oh - this is really odd, the bottom fell out of our clear rock face tray earlier in the year. We too replaced it as we liked it.

I now have lots of stands

But not sure I would buy another rock face, after reading this....

By the way - how do you store all your water equipment, we have a metal trolley (we are pack a way) from John Lewis. it's not great any ideas welcome

I did see just a tray in Consortium but they seem to have a minimum annual spend of over £250 and I can't commit us to that!

I operate an educational supply company and amongst other things sell the “TP Toys” Rockface sand & water table. I’m not trying to sell to the group but thought I would offer the inside track on this.

The reason suppliers do not offer the tray separately is the manufacturer (TP), packages both the stand & tray together and this is how it is supplied to trade distributors. Many of the larger trays are however available separately from TP and could easily be offered without stands. Examples of this are the Oasis and Cascade trays. I’m not sure what other suppliers currently do in this respect but I will have these added to our website as separate items as there is clearly a requirement here.

I will also ask TP if the Rockface tray can be made available to the trade as a separate item.

On the subject of the clear tray being more expensive than the coloured version, this is purely down to the cost of raw materials. Clear plastic is much more expensive than coloured plastic for the manufacturer to purchase.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Thank you Martin for the insight.

If you can get it separately I am sure many of us would be in touch with you immediately. I am also in need of a replacement but don't want a stand and feel awful throwing one away. Currently making do with the plastic coloured one that we use for sand for both sand and water on alternate weeks until we decide the best water tray to buy.

Any advice on good deals for clear water trays gratefully received.

Coo! Who'd have thought it? Its not just me then!

Thank you Martin for the insight. Can you keep us posted on TP's response? I will hang fire for the time being in anticipation!! :o

Edited by Guest

I now have a response from TP and they have agreed to make the tray available as a spare part item.

Try your regular supplier for the Rockface table and if they are sufficiently flexible in the way they operate then they can get hold of this for you.

If you get stuck, it’s now available if you click on this link: Click here to go to sand & water offers and scroll down to find replacement trays

The cost is £34.75 +vat with free delivery for the red tray. The clear tray is available too.

I very much doubt if equipment suppliers will have thought about the need for a tray-only option so it’s good to have some feedback from someone actually using the product.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Martin

The tray in your picture is the “Mississippi” which has now been discontinued by TP Toys.

It’s not a total loss though as the same stand is used for the “Oasis” tray. The Oasis tray will fit your stand but is only available in red or blue. Unfortunately, the clear option is not available.

If you click on this link Click here for the Oasis tray It will take you to a page where the Oasis tray is available as a separate item.

Kind regards

Martin

• 5 years later...

I know this an old topic but my tray has a crack in it and I am trying to find a replacement without the legs.

Does anybody know if this option is still available? - I clicked on the link above but the page couldn't be found. I have emailed a couple of companies and will see what they say but just wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy a new complete set.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)