Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Preparing Our Children For School

As part of preparing our oldest children for school in September I'd like to teach them some playground games. Playtime is often the scariest part of the school day and I thought it would help them settle more quickly.

Can you give me some suggestions of what is currently played in the playground?

We are playing 'in and out the Scottish railway' at the moment and 'what time is it MR Wolf is always popular with reception classes

yes its dusty bluebells but using a train (doing transport :o ) Children create a circle and join arms lifting them into arches.One child is the engine and weaves in and out of the arches.When the first verse stops they sing the second verse while tapping on the shoulders of the child they are behind.At the end of the second verse they join on the end of the 'engine' and the train gets longer and longer each time .I usually make the new child be the engine so everyone gets a turn of leading the train.You end up with a long train and just 2 childrem making an arch.

In and out the Scottish Railway,

In and out the scottish railway,

In and out the scottish railway,

eye-oh-you

Tapper, appa, appa

on her shoulders

Tapper, appa, appa

on her shoulders

Tapper, appa, appa

on her shoulders

I want you

The words as I know them amd I can't seem to find it on google so maybe just local?? This is the game as for bluebells

dusty bluebells

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)