Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Travel For Outings

Can anyone please point me in the right direction regarding children travelling in staff cars? A sessional pre-school, committee led, can the staff take children in their own cars to go on a local visit to the beach etc? Can you help, please? Thanks in advance....

Thank you Sue T for your very fast response!! That is what I have always thought too, but I can't find it written anywhere. I would also assume you would need 2 members of staff or CRB checked volunteers to travel in each vehicle?

Some insurers will only cover the car and the driver not the children even with business use. Check your pre-school insurance for covering the children, there should be a section in your policy about transporting children.

Linda

Guest Wolfie

As others have said, you need to check your insurance details - both the car insurnace and your setting insurance. If you do decide that you can use staff cars, keep records of everything, including driving licence, MOT, insurance schedule etc. of each named driver and make sure that you have permission slips from all children concerned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)