Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Need Advice Please

Right for our school leavers this year we though we would have a party on the last Friday of term. Now I delaged to a member of staff to look for an entertainer we did have one in mind but its too expesive and more for older school children.

Anyway she found another person that is more for pre-school aged children. She spoke to them and they will be avialable (sp) on the day. Now is there anything we need to do apart from checking there CRB (haven't got a clue how to do it?) before booking them. I know that pre-school would love what they have planned - lots of fun, games and a disco with bubbles.

My mind gone to mush because................................................I am going to have my suitablity interview on Monday morning, don't know why I am looking forward to it but I do feel confident that I know my standards. A few weeks ago someone asked me a question and I replied it meets standards x,y,z they checked I was right and they though that I was clever that I knew the information without looking up the standards book!

Beth

Hi Beth,

You need to see the persons CRB to check it is clear, we keep photocopies for 6 months if we think the staff will be back (agency) for a one off I would record that you checked it.

Regarding your suitability interview, I had mine today, combined with our inspection and I passed. I was not asked a specific standards question but we did cover them. If you feel confident and know that you know them you will be fine.

I never saw, or thought to ask for, the CRB of any entertainers, visitors to playgroup and as supply I've never been asked for mine. I've only been asked for ID once in 2 and half years.

I dont know what the standards say about it, but I do know people who never have contact with children in their job having to do a CRB incase they see a childs name (honestly) so maybe things are tighter now.

It might be worth phoning and asking them to bring a copy, I've never taken mine out of the house. Isnt it a bit too precious to chance losing? All you need is the issue number, not the actual CRB anyway.

The entertainer wont be on their own with the children anyway will they?

Hope the day goes well beth :o

I have been told you are not allowed to photocopy CRB'S you can only view them to ensure they are clear and record the date of issue along with the disclosure number. We view all outside agencies such as entertainers, photographers and students.

Don't get me started on this...

Oh well since you asked. Why on earth would we need to check that entertainers have a CRB check? Will they ever be left alone with children, asked to take them to the toilet or anything? I would hope complete strangers are never asked or allowed to do any of these things: CRB or not!

And why on earth would you need a CRB check to see a child's name? I'm sorry but I think the world has gone just a little bit loopy! :o

Maz

Don't get me started on this...

Oh well since you asked. Why on earth would we need to check that entertainers have a CRB check? Will they ever be left alone with children, asked to take them to the toilet or anything? I would hope complete strangers are never asked or allowed to do any of these things: CRB or not!

And why on earth would you need a CRB check to see a child's name? I'm sorry but I think the world has gone just a little bit loopy! xD

Maz

I am with you on this issue Maz. Common sense is needed rather than a knee jerk reaction to over sensationalised stories in the press about the dangers to our children. :o

Entertainers public liability insurance perhaps? and if they haven't got a CRB could this be because they may have something to hide? Just a thought?

As I said in an earlier post - your average entertainer wouldn't need a CRB check because their work with young children is always supervised. It would be different for a sports coach or a piano teacher who might conceivably work alone with children. If we're not careful we'll need to have CRBs for plumbers or fire extinguisher technicians at this rate...

Can you tell this is one of my soapbox topics?! :o

Maz

I'm sorry but I have to say this (along with a few others it seems) why on earth would you wish to see a CRB check on an entertainer, photographer and the like?? We have had the same entertainer at Xmas/end of term fo rthe last 4 years. He did at one point tell us that he was CRB checked but I have never asked to see his disclosure as it means nothing.They would never be alone with any amount of children for any reason, also if something was on his disclosure he would hardly be likely to show us would he??

I thought CRB checks weren’t transferrable? I.e. I have one for my role as supervisor at XX pre-school, if I leave and go to XY pre-school I will need another

How utterly time wasting of anyone to even suggest it?? OFSTED cannot even make up their minds whether all or just the officers of our committee need CRB's let alone visitors we may have in to the group

SORRY, I have wasted so much time & money in phone calls and written letters to OFSTED over CRB checks in the last year , that just the very mention of suitability & CRB makes my blood boil now!! :o

SORRY, I have wasted so much time & money in phone calls and written letters to OFSTED over CRB checks in the last year , that just the very mention of suitability & CRB makes my blood boil now!! :o

I've found a kindred spirit! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)