Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Eyfs Profile

E-versions however are going to be the way of the future I fear and those of us who want a copy will just have to download it. I suppose it's the same thing on glossy paper or a4 b+w!!

Saving the environment calls for some difficult decisions I guess, Catma. If a document is going to be used over and over again I think it is best to get a properly printed copy - otherwise you find yourself re-printing or photocopying it every so often as it gets more and more dogeared with use which just uses more paper.

I download lots of stuff that I only need to look at occasionally, which I never print. I also download electronic versions of documents I need to access frequently: its quicker to find information I need using the wordsearch facility in a PDF than trying to find the right page of a book. Hence my frequent question "can you tell me which page it says that in the statutory framework please?" :o

I have to say the copy I got at the LAs launch event has got my namepratically embossed on every page and noone else is getting their hands on it!! We only have the one copy for all the primary team currently and looks like we'll all have to work from downloaded copies too, so it's not just schools and settings!!!

PS - forgot, LAs can order 1 copy for any moderators who come from a PVI setting so you ight get one that way??? School based moderators have to use onefrom the 2 sent already!

Cx

Called our LEA today and it seems we are getting our handbooks given to us hopefully in September when we have a day of being introduced to it.

Looks like I'll have to wait untill then. I guess I can always read what I need to on the internet, though it's not the same as actually having it.

• 3 weeks later...

An update regarding being able to order handbooks.

I've just had an email from my Early Years Adviser who tells me that the Foundation Stage Advisory Team (our advisory teachers) have ordered them for all the settings they support. So I won't need to print mine out (always supposing I get a visit soon enough in the term!).

So we'll see if the system works! :o

Maz

Hello everyone,

I am working in an international school, abroad. Therefore have to download anything I can get my hands on as well as working with people who have no idea about the EYFS. Planning is all from scratch with few resources. Does anybody have any of the ELG's on a template in order to cut and paste for planning etc. I spend so much time typing things up i'm going mad!!

Thanks, Deb :o

Hi all,

can i just ask a really stupid question. the handbboks you are all talking about seem to be providing guidance, advice etc on completing the profiles. but how do i get copies of the actual booklets to complete with all the scale points, i heard the old CGFS ones are being discontinued because of the EYFS, will there be new ones to replace them because I cant seem to find anything!

sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick!

thanks

claire x

sorry, i have just read a post very similar tomine further down asking same sort of thing. i guess something will be coming out sometime soon...

Hi

thanks for that. i suppose i am just used to the booklets as they are what ive always used to record my scores. i may do a bit of investigating about the eprofile and maybe try that this year. always sounded a bit complicated to me, but perhaps its time for a change!!

i must be one of the lucky ones

i got 2 booklets last july

i stoped using the profile booklets a few years ago

we have a statutory obligation to report to parents about profiles but as a school we do this through our report writing and do not give scale points out to parents but prefer to talk about actual achievements

e profile is filed in and points sent to lea

less paperwork but i do have a booklet whih is sent to year one which highlights ELG;s and age developmental steps and also beyond ELG's i highlight only and it acts as a good clear picture for teachers in year one to use especially with children not obtaining ELG's the scale points are also within it but are bold

will try annd findit on my computer s anyone wants a copy

the cll scale point which was changed will need to be updated within it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, does anybody know whether we can get the booklets that you fill out for the child and send home as their reports this year? If not, what are other professionals using as an alternative?

Thanks

When you get your handbook you should get a big copy of this too as it's part of the mailing.

Totally off topic I have been told recently that Jan is leaving NAA for QCA so I hope we get someone else at the top who brings such an understanding of how children should be assessed and am thankful that the new documentation is all passed through govt protocols and is in place.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)