Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Linking Letters And Sounds

Guest ette

Has anyone any suggestions on a easy way to document evidence and show you are planning for next steps for children aged 18 months - three years. :o

Guest Wolfie

Hi ette and welcome to the forum! :o I'm a bit confused - do you mean in relation to Letters and Sounds?

Hi ette and welcome to the forum! :o I'm a bit confused - do you mean in relation to Letters and Sounds?

Yes sorry, didnt make myself very clear did I.

Can you shed any light?

Guest Wolfie

Well my first thought is that children 18 months - 3 years are very young to start linking letters and sounds? When I went to the training for implementing the new Letters and Sounds strategy, we were told that Phase 1 activities shouldn't be introduced until the children were in the "old" FS1, i.e. the year before they start school.

Have you heard differently?

Well my first thought is that children 18 months - 3 years are very young to start linking letters and sounds? When I went to the training for implementing the new Letters and Sounds strategy, we were told that Phase 1 activities shouldn't be introduced until the children were in the "old" FS1, i.e. the year before they start school.

Have you heard differently?

Yes we have been told that in the toddler room we should show in our planning the letters and sounds phase one, which strand the activitiies cover and how we are going to provide a next step.(although it is not expected that they will get to oral blending and word segmenting).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)