Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Risk Assessments: Fire And Young Person

Hi

I have been asked to write a Fire and young persons risk asessment for a Health and Safety inspection.

I have these in policies and procedures but thats not enough.

Any advise

Sam :o

Welcome to the Forum, Sam!

Who is asking you to do this and why do they think your existing policies and procedures are not adequate? Who is doing the inspection and what are their inspection criteria? Does your setting have a higher than normal risk of having a fire for some reason? I've never heard of anyone needing a separate risk assessment for fire because their procedures and policies are usually adequate.

If it were me I would look at all the areas of your setting where fire might be a hazard and simply state what steps you have taken to minimise the risk to children, staff and resources. I can't really see what else you can possibly be asked to do... :o

Good luck - I'll be interested to see what others think!

Maz

Guest Wolfie

A warm welcome from me too, Sam! I love it when Maz replies first, then all I have to do is write "I agree"! And I do! Nothing to add!

Thank you for your welcomes and comments.

YMCA are asking for these risk assessments as part of their health and safety insepection, they never looked at my policies (which i think are quite good! :o ).

I agree with your comment i never felt it was nessessary to have a risk assessment as i have a detailed policies however i have put something together which she is checking today.

Wish me luck

Sam

I guess the YMCA have to work within their own policy guidelines too - perhaps you can ask the inspector for more info when you see her? What sort of setting are you in Sam: sounds interesting if the YMCA are involved... :o

Maz

We are a full day care nursery attached to a children centre and 1 of the staff is completing her NVQ3 through YMCA.anyway she has been and its all fine i think i m hot and just went brain dead and panicked ( not unusual for me )

Thanks for your help

Sam

Well we're here for those moments when you're in a bit of a panic and for those times when you've got something to celebrate. Well done on passing your inspection: a seal of approval for your health and safety practices :o The only problem is that in my head I'm singing "Y-M-C-A"... thankfully I can't do the actions and type at the same time xD

Maz

Hi Sam

I have just been asked for a young person's risk assessment too.

My situation is that i have a 17 year old member of staff who is level 2 qualified and is starting to do a level 3 through a large training company on an apprenticeship.

I had a quick google when i got home.

I will attach the best one i found which i will be attempting to use to make my own.

Thank you Lucy.

I have often look at comments on the forum but never joined in until yesterday and I m really glad i did your comments have been helpful and friendly, its great.

Its good to know there are people out there to help when your having a wobberly moment.

:o

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)