Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Child Information Sheets

I want to update our child information sheets we use for each child, this has information about contact numbers for emergency, name, address of child, DOB, people authorised to collect, religion, any medical conditions, food allergys.

Should there be anything else on it? Or what other forms do you get parents to sign and complete when their child starts at your setting.

thanks...mrsb :o

The ones I used are in the resource library HERE

owever I haven't updated them with EYFS in mind.

I noticed a more recent one in the library (under admin) from Inge.

Peggy

Yes mine is in resource library , all added for EYFS as suggested by our LEA .. They gave us an example but we just had to add a couple of things to ours so kept them!

registration forms here

As some of ours are a bit out of date I do an update every September just to check that no one has forgotten to tell us they have moved.. not unusual!

Inge

we have the usual name, dob, carers, emergency contact etc. we also have permission for emergency 1st aid, observations, ethnicity data, home language, face painting, child protection, vaccinations, dietary needs, weaning checklist. I'm sure there are more but cant think of them at the moment!

We have the usual form with names dob, parents work numbers, allergies etc but we also NOW have a medical form.

It was only needed in private nurseries up to now, but with the welfare requirements of the EYFS

EVERYONE in the foundation stage, reception class included will need a sheet such as this!

We asked for emergency medical treatment permission.

Permission to treat minor injuries such as cuts and scrapes (the normal everyday stuff)

I also asked for permission to use plasters, waspeze, sun lotion (if they had their own named bottle) and Savlon dry I think

Then I asked for any other medical treatment details, such as inhalers and left space for how much how often and got them to sign that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh joy!!!!

:o

hi

Ofsted suggested i got a signiture from parents to say they have read and understood the polices.

I did give a copy to each parent when we had 40 children this then rose to 62 and i realised this was a waste of paper so i now hang one on the notice board then have a couple of copies parents can take home if wanted. (no one has yet asked)

Back to ofsted i have written on the bottom of our registration for I understand that a copy of the polices and procedures can be found on the notice board and i can request a copy at any time. (or words to that effect)

hope this helps

angela

Guest Wolfie

We also have a note of the child's home language(s) and any "special" words that they use for things, e.g. toilet, that we might need to know and are not easily recognisable!

We also have a note of the child's home language(s) and any "special" words that they use for things, e.g. toilet, that we might need to know and are not easily recognisable!

This reminded me of a little boy who came out of the loo one day at my last nursery, turned to his friend who was playing with the duplo and said (in a voice that could be heard clear across town) "Johnny! Johnny! I did a curly wurly"... xD

Sorry - but Wolfie started it :o

This reminded me of a little boy who came out of the loo one day at my last nursery, turned to his friend who was playing with the duplo and said (in a voice that could be heard clear across town) "Johnny! Johnny! I did a curly wurly"... :(

Sorry - but Wolfie started it :o

Definately deserves a mention in the 'funny things that children say' thread, eh Maz. xD:(:(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)