Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Learning Journals

I haven't got a pro forma for the learning journey /diary idea but we are using ours almost as scrapbooks although they are folders with plastic pockets already built into them.

We are going to add in examples of "work" when possible and photographs which will be anotated.

It seems to me each setting will have slightly different diaries/ journals which will probably reflect the staffs ideas in some ways!

We won't put in observations as we wnat them to be parent friendly! :o

I haven't got a pro forma for the learning journey /diary idea but we are using ours almost as scrapbooks although they are folders with plastic pockets already built into them.

We are going to add in examples of "work" when possible and photographs which will be anotated.

It seems to me each setting will have slightly different diaries/ journals which will probably reflect the staffs ideas in some ways!

We won't put in observations as we wnat them to be parent friendly! :o

you answerede my question but i started the learning journey months ago and there are Observations and other notes in the first few months , pictures etc are added to them so i can't remove the first months , its difficult not sure what else to add ,

i have photoes with one sentence eg i enjoyed the beach trip, Look at what i found etc etc etc

i asked the parents if they could come early one night or stay a little later so they could look at the files but no1 turned up early?

and seemed in a rush to go home...

so what other information do you include in these files/scrap books?

I would also include evidence of significant developments. eg the first time a child masters a new skill i would note , or take a photo, also anything the child was particularly proud of. Have you tried keeping the journals acceessible for parents to look at any time rather that set times. If you give the journals a high profile within the setting parents might be more encouraged to look :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)